Backlight Bleed?

Guest lilbman
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
2 hours ago, lilbman said:

This is the closest I could get to reality, except the screen isn't THAT black and the backlight bleed is more orange-ish.

Thank you.

Looks to be in the norms. It will depend on the manufacture if they want to cover you or not for replacement which may be the same.

Backlight bleeding is sadly something to live with tablet, laptops due to their thinnest, and consumer grade monitors. You really need to go high-end on the consumer market to have a minimal amount. Then the next step higher is professional grade monitors, and those are a lot costly.

2017-01-15 21.58.21.jpg

How bad is the backlight bleed on a scale of 1 to 10?  I'm sending my Alienware 15 R3 in for a wrist rest issue anyway, so I guess I'll put this down on the list of issues too :( KEEP IN MIND THE COLORS ARE UNDEREXXAGERATED IN THAT PICTURE BUT ACCURATELY REPRESENT THE CONTRAST OF THE BACKLIGHT BLEED TO THE SCREEN.

Moved to Display forum section. Picking the right forum section for your questions results in better answers as people that are more knowledgeable in certain area, check more their areas of expertise.

Are you asking about a specific product? Your question is confusing me.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I'm asking how back the backlight bleed is on my laptop.  I'm sending it in for repairs, and would like to know how bad my current panel is.  I don't have a lot of experience with panels, and therefore do not know how bad this backlight bleed is.

lol forgot to add the picture

1 hour ago, lilbman said:

I'm asking how back the backlight bleed is on my laptop.  I'm sending it in for repairs, and would like to know how bad my current panel is.  I don't have a lot of experience with panels, and therefore do not know how bad this backlight bleed is.

lol forgot to add the picture

Your camera is set to auto. As it thinks that the image is so far, it illuminate like CRAZY, amplifying the problem. Please set your camera to manual, with settings that reflects what you see in real life.

3 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Your camera is set to auto. As it thinks that the image is so far, it illuminate like CRAZY, amplifying the problem. Please set your camera to manual, with settings that reflects what you see in real life.

This is the closest I could get to reality, except the screen isn't THAT black and the backlight bleed is more orange-ish.2017-01-15 21.58.21.jpg

2 hours ago, lilbman said:

This is the closest I could get to reality, except the screen isn't THAT black and the backlight bleed is more orange-ish.

Thank you.

Looks to be in the norms. It will depend on the manufacture if they want to cover you or not for replacement which may be the same.

Backlight bleeding is sadly something to live with tablet, laptops due to their thinnest, and consumer grade monitors. You really need to go high-end on the consumer market to have a minimal amount. Then the next step higher is professional grade monitors, and those are a lot costly.

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Thank you.

Ok, thanks!