How many and which fans do I buy?

edlp456

I'm gonna build myself a new PC and I'm gonna use air cooling only. The case I'm going for is probably the Phanteks Evolv and I want to keep my temperatures down. I already decided I'm going to buy the Corsair SP or AF fans. Which ones out of those two shoud I get and how many?

Current specs: Gigabyte Aorus x370 Gaming K7 motherboard

Sapphire 5600XT

16 GB G-Skill TridentZ RAM

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

EVGA 650W Gold Power Supply

the included fans in the evolv aren't the quietest, but they work well

if you insist on aftermarket fans, I'd say get 2 AF140s for the front and 1 AF140 for the back

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Hi,

The included fans should do the job and unless you are concerned about noise, you shouldn't have problems, I purchased extra fans and don't really need them, I'd advise either going with the ones all ready installed or following shadowbye's advice

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

the included fans in the evolv aren't the quietest, but they work well

if you insist on aftermarket fans, I'd say get 2 AF140s for the front and 1 AF140 for the back

shadowbyte

That's the exact config and fans i have, works a treat, just use the fan profiling software on the mobo to manage the speed/noise when it's under load.

if money is no object then look at some noctua fans.

2 minutes ago, TurtleTrain said:

Hi,

The included fans should do the job and unless you are concerned about noise, you shouldn't have problems, I purchased extra fans and don't really need them, I'd advise either going with the ones all ready installed or following shadowbye's advice

I was thinking of buying them because I'm traveling somewhere soon and I know I'll get them way cheaper there, that's why I decided to buy them. And yeah, my goal is to make my PC as quiet as possible. 

Current specs: Gigabyte Aorus x370 Gaming K7 motherboard

Sapphire 5600XT

16 GB G-Skill TridentZ RAM

Ryzen 5 1600 CPU

EVGA 650W Gold Power Supply

Anything above 3 fans is a waste tbh. As for which.... Fractal, Noctua and Be Quiet--Corsair for 2packs to save a little money. 

11 hours ago, edlp456 said:

I was thinking of buying them because I'm traveling somewhere soon and I know I'll get them way cheaper there, that's why I decided to buy them. And yeah, my goal is to make my PC as quiet as possible. 

Corsair's fans aren't that great if you're trying to get your system as quiet as possible.

Why are you only looking at Corsair in the first place?

Unless you've already had experience with the stock PH-F140SP's, you should see how they perform before deciding on whether to not to replace them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.