Phanteks Enthoo Evolv or NZXT S340 Elite?

zfrnz

When I first built my PC, I wasn't too worried about the case. As long as it has decent airflow, it's fine, right?

This turned out not to be the case (no pun intended) for me. I bought a Corsair Carbide 200r, and I'm not very happy with it. It isn't very aesthetically pleasing, lacks cooling options, and cable management is difficult. And I'm moving to a new setup where the PC will be on the desk fairly soon, so I would like it to look nice. I plan to install a 240mm radiator in the front of whichever case.

I've been doing some research and the cases that stick out to me are the two mentioned in the title. 

The Enthoo Evolv in my opinion looks a lot better, but it is quite a bit more expensive than the S340. Is one more superior than the other in any main ways that I'm missing? Cooling? Cable management? What's the general consensus of the LinusTechTips community?

Thanks in advance.

I own a S340 Elite myself, i absolutely love it and i'm very satisfied with both the airflow and aesthetics. I am very easy to please though, so i might be a little less critical than others. Also, it is my first case. The stock fans can be a bit loud though, but that's probably due to my lack of knowledge of fancurves/lazyness. I'd go with the S340 elite if it is remarkably cheaper than the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. I'd rather go with the tempered glass side panel than the smexy front curves of the Entoo Evolv. But then again, i'd imagine cooling options are better in the Entoo Evolv, as there's only room for one fan on the top of the case on the S340

IMO it looks worse than the S340, but it's your case so you should do what you want not what others want.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The Evolve just uses better materials.  The S340 (Elite) is not made with bad materials mind you.

Both are great quality cases.  Functionally, they are the same.

I would choose the Evolv with TG.

It has a lot more room for cable management and more space for HDD's & SSD's.

You have two cool sidepanels and in my opionion a futurstic look. The silver version reminds me somehow of the star wars torm trooper outfits LOL.

Cooling is also a plus point for the case as the guys above mentioned.

But it's almost twice as expensive.

Thinking of getting this case but not a huge fan of the glass panel. How many rads can you fit inside?

12 hours ago, Modus said:

Thinking of getting this case but not a huge fan of the glass panel. How many rads can you fit inside?

Which one the enthoo evolv or the s340 elite?

13 hours ago, zfrnz said:

Which one the enthoo evolv or the s340 elite?

Sorry s340 elite. I think can only fit a 240 in the front? Would that be enough for a 6700k and gtx 1080?

On 1/17/2017 at 1:49 AM, Modus said:

Sorry s340 elite. I think can only fit a 240 in the front? Would that be enough for a 6700k and gtx 1080?

Are you watercooling the 1080?

I upgraded the case for my i5-4690K with a white NZXT S340 Elite last month.

+ Easy to build in

+ Clean, lots of space to work with

+ Looks very nice with properly placed LED strips

+ Better quality removable filters (vs the regular S340)

+ Tempered glass panel is very nice (quality and aesthetics)

+ Adequate amount of space behind the motherboard tray to hide/route cables

- Very thin sheet metal for the rear panel *

- Thumbscrews were not "tool-less" (tighten by a drill or a machine at factory -- VERY tight)

- Plastic clip cable hold-downs on the back of the motherboard tray are fairly weak / thin

- User manual is just a piece of paper

* Took me 10~15 minutes to install the rear I/O shield when it should take 20 seconds because the back was flexing so much.

I don't have a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, but I do have a Enthoo Luxe (Tempered Glass Edition); moved the X99 system into it's home a few days ago.

Personal experience with Phanteks:

• None of this flimsy thin metal
  • Higher quality dust filters -- better than the  ones found on the S340 Elite
  • Thumbscrews are *actually* "Tool-less*
  • Cable hold-downs are Velcro straps
  • User manual is a glossy, thick page book with clear step-by-step instructions
  • Screws come in a re-usable plastic box, already all sorted out

My 2 cents....

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>