Mother board standoffs too high

Jonathan Webb

Hi I just recently built my first pc and when I was trying to install the motherboard after I installed the Mobo stand offs the io on the mobo was higher than the io shield. It also caused my gpu to not fit in the slot in the back of the case where the outputs for the video card go to not fit perfectly the first time. My mother board is a Asrock z170m pro4s and my case is this - http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=96724&promoid=1120 . 

Do you have a picture of it?

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Check to see if your case has a hand screw in tool to make sure that they are screwed in all the way.

the stand offs are built into the motherboard tray, meaning there shouldn't be any other standoffs installed.

basically, lay the mobo into the chassis and screw it down. if you have done that, then you'll need to contact thermaltake on what might be their solution.

Thermaltake-Versa-H23-6.jpg

I thought thats what I needed to do but the case came with 3 mother board stand offs, What do i use those for?

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Webb said:

I thought thats what I needed to do but the case came with 3 mother board stand offs, What do i use those for?

If I'm not mistaken (and from my memory), they're for mini ITX motherboards :) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

^^ this, for the mATX mobo installation (mITX already has the standoffs made into the mobo tray).