New rig wont post. Solid green pwr led

Kd4lif3
Go to solution Solved by Kd4lif3,

I solved the issue. It was a bad psu

Hi there. I recently built my new rig (minus the case and graphics card) and out of boredom decided to see if I could get it to post. I plugged in my PSU and attached the 24 pin and 8 pin power cables and to my delight the CPU fan spun up and all the LEDs turned on. Unfortunately, my display remained blank so I turned the system off and back on. This time no fan spin up and I have only had a solid green power switch led on. I have heard no beeps and I am sure there is no short. I have tried with one stick and 2 sticks of ram in different positions and that made no difference (I never got a memory error led so I never expected any difference). I have taken off the CPU cooler and taken out and replaced the CPU (side note I got a very small drop of thermal compound on the contact pads of the CPU while cleaning it, should I be concerned). And still no luck. I have tried various other things like clearing CMOS and still the same solid green led. 

I am using:

-Intel i5 6600k

-asus z170-a

-Ripjaw V 2133 dd4 2x4g

-corsair cx650m psu

My power supply is brand new (literally bought it today) and none of my other components are previously used. I don't know if it matters but I have been using a tv rather than a monitor for post because I don't have my monitor yet. This is my first build so it could be some stupid mistake but I was quite thorough. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, I am new to this forum. Thanks.