CPU temps not stable?

Omie

So I just built my pc and it's being cooled with an H115i and 2 ML140 pro fans.

I open up core temp and it's stable at like 25-27 degrees.

But when I open up the internet or perform a search, it shoots up to like the mid 40's for a second and quickly goes back down to the 20's.

Is this normal?

Well using the CPU will make it heat up and your provider will give you a safe range for temperatures. That doesn't seem safe that cold.

instant load on the CPU and then no usage produces those spikes.

you are just fine.

3 minutes ago, airdeano said:

instant load on the CPU and then no usage produces those spikes.

you are just fine.

Phew, ok I was really worried.

I just put it in high performance mode and temps shot to like 28 stable. When opening browser like a random core can shoot up to 50. Then goes down to 30's and back to 20's.

So everything is fine?

when I put my hand over the radiator it's lightly warm, not cold air like the rear fan exhausts though.

yes it is normal 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

yes it is normal 

Ok thanks. The radiator is supposed to feel a little warm right? Not cold like the air my rear fan exhausts.

The heat from the CPU has to go somewhere. Everything is doing eBay every computer is supposed to. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 minutes ago, Omie said:

Ok thanks. The radiator is supposed to feel a little warm right? Not cold like the air my rear fan exhausts.

yes that means its working. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Okay disclaimer: I am new to the forum and I don't know if I should post a new question or add to this thread but it is related exactly to the title.

I just installed an i7 7700k processor and I am also getting odd temperature spikes (Which I know are in a safe range) and my CPU cooler (Corsair H100i) notices the spike in temperature and increases the fan speed really abruptly and then turns it back down right away. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it the cpu stop the weird temp spikes, make the cooler ignore the spikes or limit how fast the fans can actually speed up to the desired speed?

Also @Omie do you have this issue at all?

Hardware possibly related to the issue:

MOBO: Asus Z170-A

CPU: Intel i7 7700K Kaby Lake

Cooler: Corsair H100i (Stock fans)

That's how they operate. Plain and simple. Make a better fan curve. Plenty of write ups and videos on the subject. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

48 minutes ago, braiden89 said:

Okay disclaimer: I am new to the forum and I don't know if I should post a new question or add to this thread but it is related exactly to the title.

I just installed an i7 7700k processor and I am also getting odd temperature spikes (Which I know are in a safe range) and my CPU cooler (Corsair H100i) notices the spike in temperature and increases the fan speed really abruptly and then turns it back down right away. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it the cpu stop the weird temp spikes, make the cooler ignore the spikes or limit how fast the fans can actually speed up to the desired speed?

Also @Omie do you have this issue at all?

Hardware possibly related to the issue:

MOBO: Asus Z170-A

CPU: Intel i7 7700K Kaby Lake

Cooler: Corsair H100i (Stock fans)

I don't notice my fans speeding up. I think in Corsair Link you can set the h115i to be based off CPU temp and not pump temp.