are you buying the nintendo switch ?

are you buying the nintendo switch  

69 members have voted

1. 1. are you buying the nintendo switch?

• yes
    • no
    • buy after price drop

It's like any other nintendo product. If you've got the old one, you'll get the new one. If you've never owned one you just dont understand the people who buy nintendo so loyally, despite nintendo's business practices

My last console was a PS2, so it probably doesn't mean much that I'm not getting one.

It looks good in many ways though, but the tiny launch lineup could be a problem. And the controller weirdness might hold some buyers off.

i think it's an interesting concept at least, we'll see how well it works out.

that said, i dont think i'll bother, there's just not enough nintendo titles / not enough change between iterations for me to care abot spending 300 buckaroo's every time a new one comes out. by far my favourite title is mario kart, but every time i play it on my wii i get the feeling that wins are more based on luck with items than actual skill, which doesnt really float my boat...

I think it's exactly what nintendo needed. The pay for online is eh but as long as it's reasonably priced and done well I don't mind it, since they do have to pay for the online servers to run everything they want.

The game line up is better than I expected, breath of the wild being a launch title was a very smart move along with having splatton 2 and mario be later in they year to keep the spirit alive and incentive to keep people playing.

I honestly don't care about Specs since nintendos never been about specs they've been about trying to get innovative features and games out. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was confirmed to be running 1080p 60fps however so I presume it's got decent specs. Microsoft and Sony can keep competing for specs while nintendo gives us actual games.

2 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

If you've got the old one, you'll get the new one.

*has a wii, and an original DS, and fell off the boat after that*

not everyone who has nintendo gear is a blind fanboy ;)

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Not without full specs

then you have never bought nintendo gear, because they dont release the specs of their gear (the only reason we know what's in the old stuff is because people tear them down to look ;))

I will probably eventually buy one as I love the first party titles and own a wii u. I however, will probably wait at least a year that way there is a decent game library and hopefully by then there will either be a price drop or a good game bundled in with the system. 

Definitely not at launch but if the price drops and more games release I'm interested. It just fits a spot I've been trying to fill for a while.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

*has a wii, and an original DS, and fell off the boat after that*

not everyone who has nintendo gear is a blind fanboy ;)

then you have never bought nintendo gear, because they dont release the specs of their gear (the only reason we know what's in the old stuff is because people tear them down to look ;))

my wii is sitting in my cupboard running linux lmao

I wanted to get the 3DS but held off due to the lack of titles and the high price of them here. 

If this sucker is successful I will happily buy one as my portable console of choice 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

my wii is sitting in my cupboard running linux lmao

I wanted to get the 3DS but held off due to the lack of titles and the high price of them here. 

If this sucker is successful I will happily buy one as my portable console of choice 

i've seen a 3DS once, and all i can say is... it's a motion sickness simulator, the 3D bit is really.. a gimmick that's not really worthy of the money compared to the 2DS.

and last time i used my wii it was to power my rasperry pi media center.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Really? What did you expect, launching without any games available at all?

could alway have launched with just a new iteration of mario, i guess...

I'll be buying it. Nintendo has a great track record for innovation and I see this as a good deal forward. Hopefully they'll implement a lefty feature for those of us who are left-handed.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

I'll be buying it. Nintendo has a great track record for innovation and I see this as a good deal forward. Hopefully they'll implement a lefty feature for those of us who are left-handed.

not lefthanded but the innovation is really great, the concept and execution is very simple. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

not lefthanded but the innovation is really great, the concept and execution is very simple. 

A lot of people mocked the Wii-motes when they came out, but they were a great push forward in terms of moving around to play games. They had to keep it simple for those who didn't know how to play the games or what gestures to use, but it came off as a great innovation.

The WiiU is one of the only console that you can take from the big screen to the bathroom (unless there's a WiiU in there) without having to pause the game.

The 3DS and its 3D functionality performed well, but not great in the first iteration, and added a lot of depth to animations in the games that used the feature such as Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon X/Y and ORAS. The New 3DS added front-facing tracking for better 3D support for those who get ill when the handheld is canted away from center.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

A lot of people mocked the Wii-motes when they came out, but they were a great push forward in terms of moving around to play games. They had to keep it simple for those who didn't know how to play the games or what gestures to use, but it came off as a great innovation.

The WiiU is one of the only console that you can take from the big screen to the bathroom (unless there's a WiiU in there) without having to pause the game.

The 3DS and its 3D functionality performed well, but not great in the first iteration, and added a lot of depth to animations in the games that used the feature such as Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokemon X/Y and ORAS. The New 3DS added front-facing tracking for better 3D support for those who get ill when the handheld is canted away from center.

i was waiting for wii u gen 2 which is the switch, 1st gen product sucks. 

32 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Not without full specs

What specs, it runs games at 1080p 60 fps plugged in, 720 60 as a tablet, besides storage capcity there are no relevant specs as the hardware is custom order

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, TheBestUserName said:

I ordered two!  

I was thinking about doing that. Do you happen to know if the dock is sold separately?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

I'll wait to see how people like it, then maybe pick one up if it turns out to be good.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I was thinking about doing that. Do you happen to know if the dock is sold separately?

It is.  $80.  

I thought about getting one Switch and two docks, but not only would that not entirely solve the reason for two consoles, but the dock plus extra controllers didn't seem cost effective. 

Edit // Correction.  It's $90. 

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/

had a horrible experience with the Wii U so no, i dont want more nintendo stuff. i love my 3DS and i like the Wii but the Wii U was shit. No games for reaonable prices and a pain to use and play on.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, TheBestUserName said:

It is.  $80.  

I thought about getting one Switch and two docks, but not only would that not entirely solve the reason for two consoles, but the dock plus extra controllers didn't seem cost effective. 

Meant to mark it as informative.

I'll be getting the Switch for my bedroom, but would like to have a dock for the hospital.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler