Need help finding the right GPU

Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
1 minute ago, CarlCarl said:

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. This will probably be my upgrade then.

no problem dude. i hope you enjoy your gtx 1070 :)

Hey, I am looking to upgrade my GPU since I would like to be able to run newer titles the best settings(best graphic options). I have the basic knowledge of computers and hardware. But I still would like some help on choosing my new GPU. Are there any other specs I should prioritise in my system that I'm not aware of? Maybe I'm running the wrong specs together? Should I be overclocking? This is also questions I don't have mutch knowledge off. I am using my system for primarily games. I run a lot of newer titles like. Battlefield 1, Arma 3 and HITMAN. I have been looking at this game called Escape From Tarkov. And it's very hardware demanding, so I thought it would be time to upgrade. Even if I don't need an upgrade I still would like to run games at higher FPS. I am aiming at around 60 FPS with highest settings in 1080p. I live in Denmark and prices for hardware is pretty high. I have been looking at a GTX 1070 for my next upgrade, but I'm very unsure. Thanks for helping me out.

Specs:
CPU:                                            Intel Core i7-4770K

GPU:                       EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

RAM:                  Kingston DDR3 HyperX Beast 16GB

Motherboard:                                        ASUS Z87-K

Drive 1:              Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB KW

Drive 2:                                               1TB Hard drive

Info:
Budget: Willing to pay what its worth.

Used for: gaming at best settings with a solid 60 FPS.

Monitor: single monitor with 144hz at 1080p.

reason: Upgrading because I want to achieve solid 60 FPS, in newer titles with high settings.

goal: upgrading my GPU.

Let me know if any more information is needed.

The best GPU for you is whatever the best one you can afford is. Your 4770k will not bottleneck any GPU more than any other CPU.

When in doubt, re-format.

3 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Uh.

What's the most you'll pay for a GPU?

I'm willing to pay what it takes to be able to run games like battlefield 1 on ultra settings at 60 FPS on 1080p.

For the most part the gtx 1070 is meant for 1080p 144hz gaming or 1440p 60hz gaming do it would be a solid choice with your current hardware. 

depends how much you would be willing to spend, why would you pay for a overclocking cpu and proper motherboard and not overclock?

I'm willing to pay what it takes to be able to run games like battlefield 1 on ultra settings at 60 FPS on 1080p.

That can be achieved with a gtx 1060 or an rx 480 for most AAA titles. It may not be the case for games that are horribly optimized like ark. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

For the most part the gtx 1070 is meant for 1080p 144hz gaming or 1440p 60hz gaming do it would be a solid choice with your current hardware. 

Thanks for the help. I have been looking at this as well but I heard that the GTX 980ti is as good if not better, and I can get if for cheaper. is it smartest to have the newest?

Thanks for the help. I have been looking at this as well but I heard that the GTX 980ti is as good if not better, and I can get if for cheaper. is it smartest to have the newest?

It depends how much cheaper. If it's close I would go with the 1070 but if it is significant then I would go for the 980ti. The 1070 will overclock itself for you which is good if you aren't into overclocking where as the 980ti will get a significant boost in performance if you decide to overclock it yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

That can be achieved with a gtx 1060 or an rx 480 for most AAA titles. It may not be the case for games that are horribly optimized like ark. 

yes your right. In Arma 3 i can run it on relly good settings and it runs smoothly. But in games like The Forrest i will get a little lag here and there. What is needed to be able to run such games?

yes your right. In Arma 3 i can run it on relly good settings and it runs smoothly. But in games like The Forrest i will get a little lag here and there. What is needed to be able to run such games?

My friend got his 980ti for running ark at 60 fps on 1080p so the 980ti and 1070 would do the trick.

2 minutes ago, CarlCarl said:

1070 or 1080?

1 minute ago, AniJan said:

1070 or 1080?

if the 1070 can do it I'm going with that. So now does it matter what brand I get. I'm not mutch of an overclocker but if it's worth it I will. 

if the 1070 can do it I'm going with that. So now does it matter what brand I get. I'm not mutch of an overclocker but if it's worth it I will. 

It will overclock for you. Mine boosted to 1979mhz right out of the box without messing with any settings. I would recommend getting one with a proper cooling solution but other than that you don't really need one that has a higher factory clock because it will boost higher than that anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

It will overclock for you. Mine boosted to 1979mhz right out of the box without messing with any settings. I would recommend getting one with a proper cooling solution but other than that you don't really need one that has a higher factory clock because it will boost higher than that anyways. 

Alright thanks. So buying this card would be ok? https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1070-O8G/

Thanks a lot for your time and effort. This will probably be my upgrade then.

no problem dude. i hope you enjoy your gtx 1070 :)