Core i3 7350K Overclockable Dual Core Review

first

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Second #FloatPlaneClub

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

Blueberries

jesus fucking christ what is that unholy abomination of a thumbnail

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

What is up with your thumbnails as of late. This wasn't what I subscribed to in the first place.

If you are going to say "It's because of YouTube's new algorithm", then sorry, but that tells me absolutely nothing if you aren't going to expand on it in more details

... Okay.

Okay...

Now I really get what people are talking about with the new thumbnails.

This is the first video from LTT I decided not to watch because of the thumbnail.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

This is getting ridiculous, I can't even...

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I LOVE that thumbnail. I would love to see this thumbnail return with the Zen CPU reviews if you use tabasco bottles in between the CPUs.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I thought my i5 was capable for a few years....

Okay well that i3 is not that bad.

But it will cost you more in the end. To run that i3 at 5GHz, you need Z270 motherboard.

For i5 7400 you don't need such expencive motherboard.

Also power usage of that i3 at 5GHz is more than from i5. Same goes with temperatures. Not everyone can cool 1,4V or 1,35V, while i5 7400 doesn't have any thermal problems even with stock cooler.

Another thing to concider is silicon lottery. I'm pretty sure not all chips will be able to overclock to 5GHz. Some might go only to 4,7GHz, so there is that risk also.

So yeah that i3 is interesting but in the end I don't think it's worth it.

That's just how I see it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I'm confused. What makes that i3 so good o.O. Don't they both have the same ipc? If so, shouldn't it be  (cores * usage) * hertz? or am I missing something

Why are you testing a CPU with a 4k resolution? You do know that a i5 750 overclocked 3.7Ghz can run most games with overclocked GTX 1080 at little or no loss of framerate compared to a i7 4790k overclocked to 4.5Ghz @4k

linky here: 

I'm trying to keep it civil and get across how... ... ... breath ... ... ... Taking a vape on my e-cig... ... ... getting the thesaurus to find less insulting words to use... ... ... inane, ill-advised, irrelevant, laughable, half baked and nonsensical it was to use a 4k resolution to benchmark a CPU.

The words to describe how ridiculous it was to do that literally escaped me, that is how bad it was. Well the words didn't escape me but I didn't think it was a good idea to use the words that came to mind.

Don't do that in future, high resolutions like 4k and 1440p should be used to test GPU's lower resolutions like 1080p and 720p should be used to benchmark CPU's because CPU's are barely effected by resolution increases while resolutions are basically completely bound by the GPU.

And this isn't the frist time you have done this either, make a mistake once ok fine, it's fine. Twice, ok that was a little annoying just leave a comment saying, "why?" Three time well obviously you need me to spell out why what you did was wrong in place where you will actually read it.

Get you s*** together LTT

If you pull this again for the Ryzen review I'll just unsub because your obviously not a good place to get reviews because your testing methodology sucks. 

Wouldn't a more CPU intensive load be high FPS gaming? So just lower the settings and try hitting 144fps or 120fps.

Usually I don't really have anything to complain about but here's the quote of my comment from YouTube...

A few things in this made me raise an eyebrow...

1. You used a GTX 1080 hoping to remove GPU bottlenecks, but then cranked graphics to the limit at 4K... why not run medium settings at 1080p? That's how you get the GPU out of the picture.
  2. You don't expect DX12 and Vulkan to have a noticeable impact on game performance for a while yet? Vulkan already does, by quite a bit. Admittedly not in many titles (I'm thinking only of Doom myself), but it does help.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

LTT you uploaded a bugged cinebench score. i5 should not perform that low. The 6400 did 496 on cinebench. And if you make 150 single core performance * 4 you should get around 600. Actually its 545 based on other sources.  You are the only site that recommends the i3 7350k with every other youtuber getting better scores on both synthetic and real world benchmarks.

Okay, these thumbnails are getting a bit out of hand now. It was all right for the CES videos, but for main uploads...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I won't beat this dead horse since @Ryan_Vickers and @qepsilonp already pointed it out for me, but please work on your testing methodologies in the future. It's starting to get out of hand. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

17 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I won't beat this dead horse since @Ryan_Vickers and @qepsilonp already pointed it out for me, but please work on your testing methodologies in the future. It's starting to get out of hand. 

They have such a big team now too.. and not one person pointed it out in the production of the video. I don't really get it o.O 

5 minutes ago, Wolther said:

They have such a big team now too.. and not one person pointed it out in the production of the video. I don't really get it o.O 

Seems like they've been getting lazier and more clickbaity.  Less effort/research put into the actual content, more into production quality and advertising etc. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Nice video - Please do the how to OC z170/z270 with a Asus Mobo ;D

5 minutes ago, Wolther said:

I've been trying to figure out what possible excuse they could have for wanting to show 4k results on a CPU review, but I honestly cannot think of any. The sad part is, people are going to buy this CPU, thinking it will be no different than an i7 in gaming because they decided to show 4k results (and mostly average framerates too). When the people buy this product, and use it on their budget 1080p setups, they are going to wonder why their i3 is stuttering hard in titles like BF4 and GTA 5. 

This has been my issue with LTT for a while now. They are quick to jump to these conclusions without giving their methodology a second thought, then proclaim it as a fact to their viewerbase. When you point it out to them, nothing changes. No re-do's on the videos, and if you are extremely lucky, you get a pseudo-statement on the subject that is basically them not admitting fault, and saying the end result is still the same (without ever really showing that evidence either). 

I only hope people are smart enough to check multiple review sources before going out to make a purchase decision. Luckily, some of the youtube comments caught on to this as well, and are being highly thumbed up for others to see. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 minutes ago, stelan1999 said:

I'd bet there are literally dozens of videos/guides online. Some quite in depth I'm more than 100% sure. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, stelan1999 said:

Better off watching this, there's a few different parts of it, but at least he knows what he's doing.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

This may be just my own computer, but is anyone else experiencing a website block from Malwarebytes when trying to open the geni.us link?