Nvidia shield Tablet - how to show off it's graphics capabilities?

Laggger164
Go to solution Solved by Laggger164,
11 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

wait for the update. 

Looks like it is already updated: https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-android

I downloaded their Vulkan showcase app (the one with a bunch of fish)

And it works! Compared to OpenGL it runs a lot smoother.

On 15. 1. 2017 at 10:41 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

wait for the update. 

So I downloaded the game Breakneck after seeing reviews of it that say it's performance sucks on iPads and other crappy tablets.

I set it on the highest graphical setting. I lt looks awesome, it plays almost consistent 60FPS.

Now tell me why should anyone buy an iPad. Can you think of a good reason? I can't. Anyways, thank you for the suggestion, I will download VainGlory Vulkan when Android 7 comes out for the Shield Tablet.

9 hours ago, Laggger164 said:

So I downloaded the game Breakneck after seeing reviews of it that say it's performance sucks on iPads and other crappy tablets.

I set it on the highest graphical setting. I lt looks awesome, it plays almost consistent 60FPS.

Now tell me why should anyone buy an iPad. Can you think of a good reason? I can't. Anyways, thank you for the suggestion, I will download VainGlory Vulkan when Android 7 comes out for the Shield Tablet.

to be honest people my parents, they don't game they just watch videos and browse the net. my fiance got a shield so she can play while we are in bed. 

22 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest people my parents, they don't game they just watch videos and browse the net. my fiance got a shield so she can play while we are in bed. 

A great way to use it! Like, it costs just 200 bucks and you can pretty much convert an older TV into a Smart TV. I have done that with a Rapsberry Pi myself and... the Youtube plugin stopped getting support unfortunately. So I decided to get the tablet. I do not regret the decision. 200 bucks well spent!