NZXT H440 Water Cooling

So, I have a system up that I like and enjoy, it's all I need, except for the GPU which I will be upgrading soon. The Water cooling aspect is just a little side project I'll work on with spare money, but I want to see if It'll work before I start it. 

I kind of wanted to water cool this from the start, and now I know I can do it since I found a little 3.5" bay in the bottom for a hard drive (good tip for the H440 users who didn't know!)

What my issue is, and why I'm making this thread is a y-split with the loops. I want two different loops, a GPU and CPU loop so I don't mix temperatures and stuff (I know, I know, that doesn't happen much), but it also adds to the aspect that this is a side project for aesthetics as well. 

So these drawings are definitely cringe-worthy, but they're more function over looks (the irony).

This is my first custom loop, and would like any possible advice, even it takes away the Y-Fittings and such, thank you all.

Back side.jpg

Front Side.jpg

My understanding is that if GPU and CPU are on the same loop in any way (splitter or in series) the loop temp will rapidly equalize. However, adding a splitter increases your chance of causing a leak. I was considering the same thing, but then watching a bunch of Jayz videos on loops convinced me otherwise.

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

you won't be able to fit a 360x45mm in the roof of the H440 with a 360 in the front position. only can run a 30mm and the forward fan mount will be half restricted (pictured is a 60mm in the front and 30mm in the roof) with a 45mm in the front. the ports on the front mounted radiator will be on the bottom, no room at the top for the ports.

please do not run Y-splits, will foul flow rates and crucial cooling capabilities.

honestly, run a 360 in the front and a 240 in the roof. unless you are using excessive voltage to run a twin 360 radiator setup, the H440 is not the case for this (and prolly overkill).

have the itch for a dual 360 with less issues, look to the fractal design define s. still janky, but easier to setup.

New H440 001.JPGNew H440 002.JPG

New H440 035.JPG

7 minutes ago, airdeano said:

you won't be able to fit a 360x45mm in the roof of the H440 with a 360 in the front position. only can run a 30mm and the forward fan mount will be half restricted (pictured is a 60mm in the front and 30mm in the roof) with a 45mm in the front. the ports on the front mounted radiator will be on the bottom, no room at the top for the ports.

Thanks for the advice man. So you would say a 240 on either?

Edited by Vinyl ScratchV2
Removed Quoted Image