1440P 144hz or 4k 60hz (Titan X Pascal)

TMG
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Coming from someone who owns a 4K 60Hz GSync display, go with 1440p 144Hz. The benefit of higher refresh rate far outweighs 4K for gaming and it's a much more usable resolution, especially at 24". 4K at 24" is basically impossible to use for everyday tasks without large amounts of scaling. If you were doing production work, the extra space of 4K would be wasted, as the monitor is simply too small to be able to use it effectively. I have a 28" 4K monitor and I still consider it too small for 4K. 30-32" would be the ideal size IMO, as you can actually use the extra pixels without getting within inches of the monitor or using loads of scaling. 

Hello,

So currently, things could not get any worse, I am running 1600 x 900 on a 19.3 Inch Monitor... yes you read that properly... and a Titan X.
As I digress... I have decided its time for an upgrade.

I am left with 2 options.

1440P 144HZ w/ Gsync @ 24 Inches 

4K 60 HZ @ 24 Inches

I only play Battlefield 1 and GTA V.

--------------------------

I was reading you would not need AA at 4K on a 24inch screen, so I am pretty confident I could maintain a solid 60 at 4K and Ultra? I have heard mixed answers

I was also watching videos and the Titan XP runs BF1 and Gta V around 100FPS on 1440P & 144hz on Ultra.

--------------------------

I was wondering what should I choose?  (I am torn between the two)

TLDR: 

Thank You For Your Time,
Any reply is greatly appreciated,
With Regards,

Coming from someone who owns a 4K 60Hz GSync display, go with 1440p 144Hz. The benefit of higher refresh rate far outweighs 4K for gaming and it's a much more usable resolution, especially at 24". 4K at 24" is basically impossible to use for everyday tasks without large amounts of scaling. If you were doing production work, the extra space of 4K would be wasted, as the monitor is simply too small to be able to use it effectively. I have a 28" 4K monitor and I still consider it too small for 4K. 30-32" would be the ideal size IMO, as you can actually use the extra pixels without getting within inches of the monitor or using loads of scaling. 

I dont think 4k on such a "small" screen is that much of a deal. I would rather go with the 144hz 1440p panel.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

1440p 144hz. I'd try get a 27" even though the PPI is lower. The bigger screen is really nice.

At 24" you'll struggle to see the difference between QHD and 4K but you'll definitely see the 144hz

That's an F in the profile pic

If you are only choosing between the two options listed, I'd probably go with the 1440p 144Hz one. I have a 27" 4K and I end up running it scaled to the point where it's basically a 1440p screen anyways.

Another option to consider, if you're open to it, is ultrawide monitors. We're just starting to get into 1080p 144Hz ultrawides, though there are also some really nice 1440p ultrawides.

have you thought about ultrawide?

The predator x34 is 3440x1440 100hz gsync

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Thank you so much for all of your responses, I think the general consensus is 1440P and 144HZ, I will plan to buy one soon.

Thanks again!