Best way to light up a whole piece of acrylic?

yourthoughts1

Im making a psu shroud and was going to do the side in aluminum and attach a piece of acrylic to the top. Then put 2 nzxt hue strips down side of the acrylic to light the whole top sheet up. But I figured I may have to paint the back of the acrylic black to help the light diffuse through whole sheet better. So do you even think it would light the whole piece up? 

Heres an example of a mod some else did in the same case. Except where theirs is just clear I want to do mine so the whole thing lights up.

13147856_1344871118863190_9136540500553234043_o.jpg

18 hours ago, yourthoughts1 said:

Im making a psu shroud and was going to do the side in aluminum and attach a piece of acrylic to the top. Then put 2 nzxt hue strips down side of the acrylic to light the whole top sheet up. But I figured I may have to paint the back of the acrylic black to help the light diffuse through whole sheet better. So do you even think it would light the whole piece up? 

Heres an example of a mod some else did in the same case. Except where theirs is just clear I want to do mine so the whole thing lights up.

If you want to have the entire sheet light up you would be best edge lighting the acrylic and having it frosted or translucent white to give a very diffused light. 

This is a video about a lamp made from acrylic but you may be able to something similar for your window

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Krylon makes a frosted glass paint for windows and faux etching, not a fan spray which is annoying but itll do ya, the other option would be to scuff the acrylic... go with the paint... trust me lol