Placing a CPU heat sink on a GPU...

SpartanAmy107

I've found a couple videos lately where someone has placed a CPU tower cooler onto a GPU to really good effect, which I sort of saw coming due to it's size and fan placement push-pulling air through the block. The main problem you'd have with this is the size and the weight.

The size would interfere with the CPU cooler if it's in the top PCI slot, and possibly with the motherboard depending on the cooler size, and the weight would simply be too heavy for the PCIe mounts and the socket itself which generally aren't very strong at all. Would definitely need a brace on the other end of the board like some cases supply for longer graphics cards.

Would this even be necessary, as GPUs are okay with higher temperatures anyway? And the second cooling block would look ugly, i dislike the look of CPU cooling blocks already, they are unsightly, like tower apartment blocks on landscapes. 

Now I'm going off on a tangent... if they mounted the CPU upside down and had the CPU cooler on the other side of the divider? I'm going crazy now, need some sleep...

-----

Super non-relevant, but maybe, has anyone put a Dyson Bladeless Fan on the front of a PC case yet?

this man has solved the problem

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

51 minutes ago, FanBlade said:

this man has solved the problem

That's one of the videos I saw.

On 1/14/2017 at 1:45 AM, SpartanAmy107 said:

Would this even be necessary

What are you referring to?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.