Recmmended games for Windows XP PC

King_Tuna

Hello everyone! I built pretty powerful Windows XP PC for playing older games from 2003-2008.

Here are the specs of my PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz

Asus P5G41T-M LX LGA775

Kingston 4GB 1333 MHz CL9

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB 256Bit

Seagate Momentus 5400.4 250GB 2.5"

Delta 350W PSU (for powering motherboard CPU and HDD)

Quake 300W PSU (for powering only GPU 6Pin)

Windows XP Black Edition 2015

Right now I have NFS Underground 2, CoD MW2, TF2, CS Source, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Quake 4, Serious Sam 2 and 3.

2 minutes ago, King_Tuna said:

Hello everyone! I built pretty powerful Windows XP PC for playing older games from 2003-2008.

Here are the specs of my PC:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz

Asus P5G41T-M LX LGA775

Kingston 4GB 1333 MHz CL9

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 512MB 256Bit

Seagate Momentus 5400.4 250GB 2.5"

Delta 350W PSU (for powering motherboard CPU and HDD)

Quake 300W PSU (for powering only GPU 6Pin)

Windows XP Black Edition 2015

Right now I have only NFS Underground 2 and CoD MW2.

Well the 8800GTS lets you include Crysis, and at low settings Skyrim-so it depends on the types of games you like (fun tech demo, RPG etc).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Minesweeper and Pinball . 

On the side note , try burnout paradise , need for speed hot pursuit .

8 hours ago, Jiaweeeee said:

try burnout paradise , need for speed hot pursuit

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Well the 8800GTS lets you include Crysis

Will try these! Thanks :D

knights of the old republic 1 & 2. one is better than 2

jedi knight series are prob the most fun games iv played.

they should all be on steam

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Pharaoh (rts)

Age of Empires (rts)

Call of Duty (fps)

Fallout (rpg)

Fallout 2 (rpg)

Redfaction (fps)

Redfaction II (was probably better than the first) (fps)

Septerra core (rpg)

Soldier of fortune (fps)

Fallout 3 is a good one, since it crashes 10% less on xp, so you can play for 10-20minutes before it crashes.

Others I can't think of right now

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

The older SimCity games should run just fine on it.

Seeing as you're running XP, did you apply the Embedded/POSready tweak or do you plan to run it offline only?

I am using Windows XP Black Edition. It disables Windows updates.

8 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Seeing as you're running XP, did you apply the Embedded/POSready tweak or do you plan to run it offline only?

i have this old laptop with a single core celeron and 2 gb ram.

I play:

GTA San Andreas

TW: Shogun 2

Civilization V

Age of Empires 3

I am a strategy fan and might be biased but these games are generally well reviewed

if (you want to reply) {

USE THE QUOTE BUTTON 

}

else {

DONT

}

SimCity 4, NFS Underground and Underground 2 and GTA San Andreas would be my recommendations.

Man I miss that time :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

Not sure whether can run this, but need for speed most wanted. (the original one) is my favorite game back then. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

20 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Not sure whether can run this, but need for speed most wanted. (the original one) is my favorite game back then. 

The first underground was a great arcady racer.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

12 minutes ago, it_dont_work said:

The first underground was a great arcady racer.

I remember that game. When i was 13 14 I use to go to my neighbor's house to play with a friend. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

MDK

Far Cry

Age of Empires 1, 2

Unreal

Unreal Tournament

MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries

Hidden & Dangerous 2

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Battlefield 2

Cod MW2 and older

World of Tanks

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand why the hell you would build a Windows XP computer

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

1 hour ago, CRAlG said:

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand why the hell you would build a Windows XP computer

he already has one from before, he probably didn't build a new PC for XP gaming...
even if he did, super-low budget?

On 1/14/2017 at 3:48 PM, MoonSpot said:

Oni

OH god oni! I loved that game as a kid, I beat it dozens of times. You could almost call it the precursor to the batman style fighting games. Very entertaining. I played it on my mac!

6 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

OH god oni! I loved that game as a kid, I beat it dozens of times. You could almost call it the precursor to the batman style fighting games. Very entertaining. I played it on my mac!

I don't know if I'd compare the combat in ONI to Batman.  I don't remember Oni being a button masher at all, where Batman seems like a one button mashing marathon.

I re-played Oni 2 years ago or so.  Was still a blast.  Combat was even more fluid than it used to be for me on the rig I had way back when Oni was released.

You should give her another spin if you got the software to support it (OS, dll files, etcetera).  There are even some mods for it too, though I never did end up modding it myself.

1 minute ago, MoonSpot said:

I don't know if I'd compare the combat in ONI to Batman.  I don't remember Oni being a button masher at all, where Batman seems like a one button mashing marathon.

I re-played Oni 2 years ago or so.  Was still a blast.  Combat was even more fluid than it used to be for me on the rig I had way back when Oni was released.

You should give her another spin if you got the software to support it (OS, dll files, etcetera).  There are even some mods for it too, though I never did end up modding it myself.

I remember the last boss fight being an absolute chore. I'll have to play it again though. 

And I didn't mean "button mashing" I meant "agile, flippy sort of fighting." 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

I remember the last boss fight being an absolute chore. I'll have to play it again though. 

And I didn't mean "button mashing" I meant "agile, flippy sort of fighting." 

Ah but the last boss fight could be different depending on the choices made throughout the game.  Wildly different in regards to combat tactics/styles used for that fairly long and arduous fight.  Regardless, its worth another go to experience "Rising Fury" & "Devil Spin Kick" again :)

10 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Ah but the last boss fight could be different depending on the choices made throughout the game.  Wildly different in regards to combat tactics/styles used for that fairly long and arduous fight.  Regardless, its worth another go to experience "Rising Fury" & "Devil Spin Kick" again :)

I don't remember that! I just remember (I think it was the last fight) running out beside this building and into what seemed like parking lot over... and over... and over... and over... again. I haven't touched this game for probably 15 years though.