Reselling to pay for PC parts? Ways to improve?

I payed for my PC by reselling but I want to know if anyone here has any better tips on how to do it. Do you have any other sites besides amazon or ebay? Do you go the Alibaba way and if so what is your style? You get the point. Let's share some money making techniques so we can all upgrade our rigs with the upcoming hardware in 2017.

I think you're talking about selling old hardware to be replaced by new stuff you want to buy. If that's the case, here are the places I sell

• School classifieds page on facebook
    • Since I go to university, we have one of these. Easier to trust your fellow students, and there's less annoying negotiators, as well as more reliable people in terms of following through on meetup plans.
  • Kijiji
    • This is craigslist for Canada
  • Craigslist
    • This is craigslist
  • The classifieds on this site
    • This is a great forum, so sell stuff here!
  • r/Hardwareswap
    • I don't use this, but a lot of people do.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

My secret is to work every day, then every two weeks they put money in my bank account and I can then use those funds to purchase goods and services.  It's a neat trick I picked up and so far it's earned me tens of thousands of dollars every year!

2 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

I think you're talking about selling old hardware to be replaced by new stuff you want to buy. If that's the case, here are the places I sell

• Since I go to university, we have one of these. Easier to trust your fellow students, and there's less annoying negotiators, as well as more reliable people in terms of following through on meetup plans.
  • Kijiji
    • This is craigslist for Canada  Eastern Canada and the Prairies
  • Craigslist
    • This is craigslist
  • r/Hardwareswap

fify ;)

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

My secret is to work every day, then every two weeks they put money in my bank account and I can then use those funds to purchase goods and services.  It's a neat trick I picked up and so far it's earned me tens of thousands of dollars every year!

We seem to be a small breed here.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Um.. What? He never said he didn't work, he probably just wants to save some money by selling parts of his rig to help pay for new parts. 

There's plenty of things you can spend on the money you saved by doing this and I can't see why you'd not want to.

44 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

buy stocks i have a lot of money in stocks. 

I invest in more tangible things.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

47 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

-

pfffffft working for the man are you

work is over rated

its about working smarter not harder

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Total con. Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me.

4 minutes ago, Quinnbeast said:

There are people above me who make more money... ...And people above them who make more money...

...SON OF A BITCH! D:

I get what I can for my stuff and then find the best deals on new parts. Of course, you'll have to throw in some of your own money in addition to what you got from selling your old stuff, but it always works well for me.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

There are people above me who make more money... ...And people above them who make more money...

...SON OF A BITCH! D:

I KNEW IT!

Perhaps all is not lost. What if (and this might sound a little far-fetched) you took the place of someone higher up the pyramid?? We must think of a name for such a maneuver. The people must be told.

13 hours ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

Every year I upgrade my video cards. I found a few friends who needed  video cards anyways, so I just sell to them, and when they go to upgrade there's someone below their tier of card looking to upgrade too. If they can't sell it to someone, I look for someone for them. So basically, 2-3 of us can just rotate graphics cards every year. You could try that with people you know if you can, and maybe work something out so every time you go to upgrade, you already have people lined up to buy.

13 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

• Kijiji
    • This is craigslist for Canada
  • Craigslist
    • This is craigslist
  • r/Hardwareswap

13 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

13 hours ago, dizmo said:

fify ;)

We seem to be a small breed here.

13 hours ago, Wolther said:

Um.. What? He never said he didn't work, he probably just wants to save some money by selling parts of his rig to help pay for new parts. 

There's plenty of things you can spend on the money you saved by doing this and I can't see why you'd not want to.

13 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

buy stocks i have a lot of money in stocks. 

12 hours ago, dizmo said:

I invest in more tangible things.

12 hours ago, bossman1 said:

pfffffft working for the man are you

work is over rated

its about working smarter not harder

5 hours ago, Quinnbeast said:

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

...SON OF A BITCH! D:

5 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I get what I can for my stuff and then find the best deals on new parts. Of course, you'll have to throw in some of your own money in addition to what you got from selling your old stuff, but it always works well for me.

4 hours ago, Quinnbeast said:

I KNEW IT!

Perhaps all is not lost. What if (and this might sound a little far-fetched) you took the place of someone higher up the pyramid?? We must think of a name for such a maneuver. The people must be told.

Well, selling old parts to pay for new off my rig is one thing I've been looking at but I was also thinking about new secondary sources of money investment. I actually started work on setting up an amazon business and getting in contact with a buy in bulk manufacturer to make profit that way. I wanted to know if anyone had a better idea then that. I'm sorry if I confused you with my wording. I'll try to make it clearer next time.

16 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Well, selling old parts to pay for new off my rig is one thing I've been looking at but I was also thinking about new secondary sources of money investment. I actually started work on setting up an amazon business and getting in contact with a buy in bulk manufacturer to make profit that way. I wanted to know if anyone had a better idea then that. I'm sorry if I confused you with my wording. I'll try to make it clearer next time.

Buying in bulk requires a large initial investment. It would depend entirely on your margins, what you have to do to ship, shipping costs, etc etc.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

You can try day trading instead, as suggested by @nerdslayer1. You can also try something like mutual funds. I don't know if you do this already, but that's what I'm doing right now, but it's a lot less risky than buying products to sell, and you can end up with way more profit if you go that route.

Before you start daytrading, understand it is very risky, and has caused many people serious financial problems. It can be done, and is sometimes even successful. But, before you get into it, do your research and make sure you understand the risks. I've seen way too many people lose too much money to not give you that warning. 

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...