whats the best aftermarket 1070 for your money on the market

I want to know in your opinion what is the best value 1070 for the money and why. im planning on buying a 1070 and want to know what the opinion of the masses are on this topic. the monitors used will be a 1080p monitor and a 1440p monitor with a 60hz refresh rate.

The best value GTX 1070 is the cheapest one you can get your hands on.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

The best value GTX 1070 is the cheapest one you can get your hands on.

other than fire hazard 1070 edition 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

other than fire hazard 1070 edition 

And which one(s) would that be?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Bad batch of capacitors. It's already been confirmed that it's not a problem which is thermal related although it still has a shitty cooling design.

Spoiler

Bad batch of capacitors. It's already been confirmed that it's not a problem which is thermal related although it still has a shitty cooling design.

And it has been fixed too

OP add Asus Strix to the list

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

nope bunch of them had this problem they heated up too much, 11070 and 1080 with acx3 cooler are given option to get thermal pads or refund. 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

And it has been fixed too

OP add Asus Strix to the list

Well, assuming none of the affected models are still being sold, then yes.

Spoiler

a lot of people returned them or stopped buying. 

nope bunch of them had this problem they heated up too much, 11070 and 1080 with acx3 cooler are given option to get thermal pads or refund. 

Nope, thermal pads or not, it was not a thermal related problem. Most probable cause was bad capacitors.

Using the same logic, MSI cards would also have the same problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/5ejytz/evgas_vrm_thermals_not_the_killer_of_cards_final/

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Ewok_the_good said:

I want to know in your opinion what is the best value 1070 for the money and why. im planning on buying a 1070 and want to know what the opinion of the masses are on this topic. the monitors used will be a 1080p monitor and a 1440p monitor with a 60hz refresh rate.

The cheapest one. Except the ones from Gigabyte, those aren't as good.

I'd personally take the EVGA ACX 3.0 that's just over $390

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Pretty sure EVGA is only shipping models with thermal pads now

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Nope, thermal pads or not, it was not a thermal related problem. Most probable cause was bad capacitors.

Using the same logic, MSI cards would also have the same problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/5ejytz/evgas_vrm_thermals_not_the_killer_of_cards_final/

to be honest they cheaped out on thermal pad thats why it went from most expensive 1070 to one of the cheaper ones. 

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Pretty sure EVGA is only shipping models with thermal pads now

Like I said, it's not the thermals that make the cards 'blow up'. It's most likely the capacitors.

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, Ewok_the_good said:

the cheapest one you can buy

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Like I said, it's not the thermals that make the cards 'blow up'. It's most likely the capacitors.

Did EVGA say anything about bad caps?

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

to be honest they cheaped out on thermal pad thats why it went from most expensive 1070 to one of the cheaper ones. 

Not denying they did... after all, I did say that had a shitty cooling design and trying to cover it up with the new EVGA FTW2 and its "iCX" cooler.

Spoiler

Not denying they did... after all, I did say that had a shitty cooling design and trying to cover it up with the new EVGA FTW2 and its "iCX" cooler.

my friends 1080 went over 100c that scared him out of the ACX coolers, my gf got a MSI 1070 for that reason also. 

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Did EVGA say anything about bad caps?

Nope, but they did say this:

"In speaking with EVGA, it sounds like they're at about a 200 DPPM (Defective Products Per Million) rate for their cards. This means that, for every one million cards shipped, about 200 are defects. We're told that this number is fairly consistent with previous generations, it's just that the defects are more noticeable this time because of the way the internet works."

GamersNexus concluded that:

"It's clear to us, at this point, that there's no thermal issue with EVGA's cards. Any defects we're seeing are being caused by other factors, like workmanship or manufacturing defects. If you have a problem, contact EVGA -- but it's probably not being caused by thermals, and it does still seem like the internet has amplified these occurrences to a point where it sounds worse than it is in reality."

Watch the video and read the Reddit thread I've linked.

Spoiler

my friends 1080 went over 100c that scared him out of the ACX coolers, my gf got a MSI 1070 for that reason also. 

No GTX 1080 should hit 100C. Likely a defect of some sort. But it's not the thermals that are killing the cards.

The VRM on MSI's cards easily hits 80C. And somehow people are singling out EVGA because of the bad capacitors.

Spoiler

No GTX 1080 should hit 100C. Likely a defect of some sort. But it's not the thermals that are killing the cards.

The VRM on MSI's cards easily hits 80C. And somehow people are singling out EVGA because of the bad capacitors.

80c vs 100c are big difference might be defective. i hope with 1080 ti they have better luck. 

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

80c vs 100c are big difference might be defective. i hope with 1080 ti they have better luck. 

Definitely a defect if your friend's card is hitting 100C.

It sounds like I'm defending EVGA here but nah, I'm trying to spread some truth. People like to jump on the EVGA bandwagon because of the Internet praising them at every turn (including with PSUs) even when they get products with shitty cooling.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Nope, but they did say this:

"In speaking with EVGA, it sounds like they're at about a 200 DPPM (Defective Products Per Million) rate for their cards. This means that, for every one million cards shipped, about 200 are defects. We're told that this number is fairly consistent with previous generations, it's just that the defects are more noticeable this time because of the way the internet works."

GamersNexus concluded that:

"It's clear to us, at this point, that there's no thermal issue with EVGA's cards. Any defects we're seeing are being caused by other factors, like workmanship or manufacturing defects. If you have a problem, contact EVGA -- but it's probably not being caused by thermals, and it does still seem like the internet has amplified these occurrences to a point where it sounds worse than it is in reality."

Watch the video and read the Reddit thread I've linked.

The gist of it is, it's now safe to buy EVGA's 1070? Regardless of what the fix is.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler