APC ups flashing battery

Agent181

So I got a APC Backus pro 1000 and it has a flashing battery.  Anyone know what this means?  It's not a new one so I'm thinking that its the batteries inside.  Anyone know what this is?

18 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

So I got a APC Backus pro 1000 and it has a flashing battery.  Anyone know what this means?  It's not a new one so I'm thinking that its the batteries inside.  Anyone know what this is?

If it's flashing that usually means the power is low or it's still charging if it's new out of the box however if you have a battery icon with an X that usually means the battery needs to be replaced. 

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

If it's flashing that usually means the power is low or it's still charging if it's new out of the box however if you have a battery icon with an X that usually means the battery needs to be replaced. 

it's jut the battery flashing constantly and this is what is on the screen

812eaff1a341b67ae6cc9409411fc4be.png

2 minutes ago, Agent181 said:

it's jut the battery flashing constantly and this is what is on the screen

Are there any bars in the battery icon if there are none then it needs to charge, looks like it may have gone flat in storage which is not good for them. See if you can revive the battery by leaving it plugged in for a day to slowly charge up. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Are there any bars in the battery icon if there are none then it needs to charge, looks like it may have gone flat in storage which is not good for them. See if you can revive the battery by leaving it plugged in for a day to slowly charge up. 

there's no bars at all, I'll leave it plugged in then and if  that doesn't work then I'll get new batteries.

Thank you :)