Paypal error when signing up for Floatplane Club

ShepBook

I want to purchase a Floatplane Club membership to support LTT, but it seems that there's an error with paypal. I'm not sure if the issue is in the forum cart software, the connection to paypal, or paypal itself.

I'm able to log into paypal to view my account, but when I get redirected to checkout from the LTT forum store, after signing in at the paypal landing page, it processes my login and says there's been an error and to come back and pay a different way at the LTT forum store.

I don't see any other way to pay for Floatplane Club, and figured I should bring it up here.

LTT had their Paypal frozen? Are you entering your credentials right?

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Is the error displayed in PayPal or are you redirected back to the forum for it?

HTTP/2 203

I had this error as well a couple weeks ago, I was trying to use a prepaid visa through paypal and that might have affected it though i was able to check out at other places.... So i have no idea what happened...

1 minute ago, awakesquare said:

I had this error as well a couple weeks ago, I was trying to use a prepaid visa through paypal and that might have affected it though i was able to check out at other places.... So i have no idea what happened...

I don't think PayPal lets you use prepaid cards for recurring payments, so that would probably be the issue.

HTTP/2 203

1. I click to "Place order and pay" on the cart and it redirects me to paypal.

2. I sign into paypal. I see the little spinner that says I'm authorized and logging me in.

3. The error then appears on the paypal site saying that there is an error and to go back to the merchant site. I've attached a screenshot here.

Screenshot from 2017-01-14 09-56-02.png

Other members' transactions appear to have gone through as expected, so I think the problem is on PayPal's end - if the problem is on our end, I think paypal is supposed to redirect you back here for us to display the error. Have you bought anything else on PP recently?

HTTP/2 203

Yeah, I use it for twitch donations regularly (last a couple weeks ago). I'll keep trying from time to time and see if it clears up. Just a bummer, cause I want to join FPC :)

I'm having the same issue when signing up. I have been trying regularly for two weeks now.

@ShepBook and @WayTooMuchCandy When you click "Go back to merchant", where does it take you (ideally the full URL), and is an error message displayed there?

EDIT: According to someone on Whirlpool, they were able to solve a similar issue by removing their bank account from their PP account. Could you try that and see if it helps? There are also people saying that adding PP balance also helped.

HTTP/2 203

On 1/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, colonel_mortis said:

I don't think PayPal lets you use prepaid cards for recurring payments, so that would probably be the issue.

Some work, some dont. I was able to buy something else through paypal with that card, so i dont know what happened.

20 hours ago, awakesquare said:

Some work, some dont. I was able to buy something else through paypal with that card, so i dont know what happened.

On 14/01/2017 at 4:48 AM, ShepBook said:

I want to purchase a Floatplane Club membership to support LTT, but it seems that there's an error with paypal. I'm not sure if the issue is in the forum cart software, the connection to paypal, or paypal itself.

I'm able to log into paypal to view my account, but when I get redirected to checkout from the LTT forum store, after signing in at the paypal landing page, it processes my login and says there's been an error and to come back and pay a different way at the LTT forum store.

I don't see any other way to pay for Floatplane Club, and figured I should bring it up here.

I had the same issue. Resolved by going over and making sure you are allowed to pay in foreign currency and verifying the account my VISA was tied to. (LMG is paid out in CAD)

All right, I removed my bank account from my Paypal. This did not work. Then I added sufficient funds in my own currency (DKK). I then tried to pay once again, this did not work. I then then exchanged my 30 DKK into 5.74 CAD. I then tried to pay again with PayPal and once more and it failed.

Hey im trying to get Floatplane Club as well but im getting this error message as well on the paypal side when im on LTT checkout page > Place order and pay > at paypal account login > login to paypal and then i get the error, i can login to my paypal account no problem i even have CAD currency in my PP account, I've tried everything to what @colonel_mortis has said but nothing worked for me, and i have tried another web brower, computer and Private Browsing.

" An error occurred during processing. Please try again."

Return to Linus Media Group Inc.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Linus Media Group Inc. and try another option.

We're currently looking into alternate options, so you can use something else if PayPal isn't working. I don't have a timeframe for when it will be working, but hopefully it should be fairly soon.

HTTP/2 203