Corsair HD120 rgb

Michael0919

I want to get this fan because it's quite cool. But do I need to buy the one with the controller or can I buy the individual one without the controller? If I do get the one without the controller how do I change the led?

9 minutes ago, Michael0919 said:

I want to get this fan because it's quite cool. But do I need to buy the one with the controller or can I buy the individual one without the controller? If I do get the one without the controller how do I change the led?

it's complicated. Corsair screwed up. If you buy one without the controller, you can't control it at ALL, and with the controller, you have to take your side panel off every time you want to change colors. They really should have done what NZXT did with their GRID+ V2, and made it accessible from CUE through a USB header.

TL;DR it's a pain in the ass unless you have a Corsair RGB case like the 460X RGB or 570X. But, it's doable. 

Just now, Michael0919 said:

I think you need the controller....but i'm not confident on this

7 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

it's complicated. Corsair screwed up. If you buy one without the controller, you can't control it at ALL, and with the controller, you have to take your side panel off every time you want to change colors. They really should have done what NZXT did with their GRID+ V2, and made it accessible from CUE through a USB header.

TL;DR it's a pain in the ass unless you have a Corsair RGB case like the 460X RGB or 570X. But, it's doable. 

7 minutes ago, MIXFUSED said:

I think you need the controller....but i'm not confident on this

I really am iffy about getting it now. I like it cause of how it looks

I really am iffy about getting it now. I like it cause of how it looks

If you plan on not changing the color very often or just leaving it on color spectrum mode all the time, go for it. That's what I'd do if I didn't constantly change the colors.

Oh, and a 3 pack is $80. Hell no corsair.

5 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

If you plan on not changing the color very often or just leaving it on color spectrum mode all the time, go for it. That's what I'd do if I didn't constantly change the colors.

Oh, and a 3 pack is $80. Hell no corsair.

So if I get the one with no controller then it will just cycle through the light spectrum?

So if I get the one with no controller then it will just cycle through the light spectrum?

I'm pretty sure it does not light up at all if you do that.

2 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

I'm pretty sure it does not light up at all if you do that.

Hmm so now the question is if I should spend 40$ on one or not. I should think this one over

8 minutes ago, Michael0919 said:

Hmm so now the question is if I should spend 40$ on one or not. I should think this one over

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Riing-120mm-Adjustable-Radiator/dp/B014QW98SC I think these might suit you better. I don't know though. I was going to get the Corsair fans until I saw the price and hassle.