Fan suggestions

pjsmith727

Ok, so I cheeped out on fans and bought a half dozen Rosewill Blue LED fans for like 28$ before tax and shipping and all that. My motherboard doesn't support them all, so I have some of them plugged into molex which is making me hate my life. Any suggestions for a fan hub that will allow me to control their speeds on a fan curve? Running at 100% all the time makes them slightly loud. The fans I have now have the 3 pin connectors, whatever that is called

1 hour ago, pjsmith727 said:

Ok, so I cheeped out on fans and bought a half dozen Rosewill Blue LED fans for like 28$ before tax and shipping and all that. My motherboard doesn't support them all, so I have some of them plugged into molex which is making me hate my life. Any suggestions for a fan hub that will allow me to control their speeds on a fan curve? Running at 100% all the time makes them slightly loud. The fans I have now have the 3 pin connectors, whatever that is called

sorry i dont know if i have a answer but i have/ had a similar problem, i originally bought 4 AF120 quite addition fans and i was thinking it would be great to keep my PC quieter WRONG my first set up was 2 back/top on MOLEX SPLITTER then push pull on my rad in front with 2 af120's and 2 of the PWM fans that came with my rad every thing ran on a splitter or off the water coolers splitter. IT WAS LOUD now i have my back fans plugged into headers and my my rad is now pull with sp120 fans also on headers an then my H100i runs off the Splitter it is quieter but still it could be a bit better

IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU I WOULD LOVE A CONTROLLER THAT CAN ALSO CONTROL 3PIN fans

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

21 hours ago, jet224presents said:

sorry i dont know if i have a answer but i have/ had a similar problem, i originally bought 4 AF120 quite addition fans and i was thinking it would be great to keep my PC quieter WRONG my first set up was 2 back/top on MOLEX SPLITTER then push pull on my rad in front with 2 af120's and 2 of the PWM fans that came with my rad every thing ran on a splitter or off the water coolers splitter. IT WAS LOUD now i have my back fans plugged into headers and my my rad is now pull with sp120 fans also on headers an then my H100i runs off the Splitter it is quieter but still it could be a bit better

IM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU I WOULD LOVE A CONTROLLER THAT CAN ALSO CONTROL 3PIN fans

they were loud because you had them plugged into m molex splitter which will just run them at 100% by default, with no way to change that. What im looking for is a 3 pin fan hub, because you can control 3 pin fans with 3 pin headers on the mobo

you could just get a fan splitter cable and run multiple fans off of one fan connector on the motherboard would be the cheapest option i imagine. but a hub is fine too heres one from nzxt

https://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Grid-Cooling-Black-AC-GRID-10-M1/dp/B00D2ZK2VW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484509849&sr=8-1&keywords=fan+hub+3pin

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

What are your specs and where are you using the fans? If they're just for looks, you can probably flip the pins in the molex connector for a 5v signal which is ~40% speed. Lowering the speed would lowering the brightness of the leds though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.