AMD with doom

masterkickass7

AMD needs to show another game than Doom. We know it's optimized for amd hardware we need a game that isn't optimized it will show true performance

Yes we do but AMD like any other company will show the results that make their product look superior or at least on par.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

1 minute ago, tlink said:

next time read the posting guidelines, this isnt the correct place to post this. also doom isn't optimized for AMD hardware so much as that AMD's hardware is optimized for the API's doom uses.

I meant vulcan didn't know what group to post this in

2 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

AMD needs to show another game than Doom. We know it's optimized for amd hardware we need a game that isn't optimized it will show true performance

doom is true performance, dx 11 doesn't use the full potencial of amd cards, vulkan and dx12 is the future so thats what you should focus on.

when we buy graphics cards we buy them for the next couple of years at least and then dx12 and vulkan will rule

1 minute ago, tlink said:

next time read the posting guidelines, this isnt the correct place to post this. also doom isn't optimized for AMD hardware so much as that AMD's hardware is optimized for the API's doom uses.

Not to mention that DX12 is just being bad, Vulkan benefits both nVidia and AMD.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, masterkickass7 said:

I meant vulcan didn't know what group to post this in

it doesn't make sense to show a product running something that it wasn't optimized for. doom is its true performance, if it wasn't then its actual fps would be lower. this is what vega is capable of.

AMD shows doom because it's perhaps the best implementation of vulkan we have right now - and they want to show vulkan because it's the future. In dx12 (which by the way, is worse than vulkan and less common) AMD still has an advantage over nvidia in most situations. In dx11 it's the opposite, but dx11 is dead (or should be dead soon) at this point.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, tlink said:

it doesn't make sense to show a product running something that it wasn't optimized for. doom is its true performance, if it wasn't then its actual fps would be lower. this is what vega is capable of.

Running it on something in unoptimized would show that it has the power to run things that aren't optimised witch is usually a large chunk 

2 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

Running it on something in unoptimized would show that it has the power to run things that aren't optimised witch is usually a large chunk 

it isn't a raw performance issue, AMD already had the raw performance, just no way for it to flex it muscles. AMD was a super engine with a shit gearbox untill now, while nvidia had a great gearbox and an okay engine. someone correct me if im wrong with that analogy because im not too sure about it myself.

I run an AMD card, and have little issues in many games, whats the issue?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Dx 11 while old is still relevant many games use it with 99% of dx12 titles being shit 

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I run an AMD card, and have little issues in many games, whats the issue?

I'm talking about zen and Vega 

28 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

Dx 11 while old is still relevant many games use it with 99% of dx12 titles being shit 

Thats completely your opinion. You can't shit talk AMD when you dont like the games that perform best on them... Should I go shit talk nvidia because of physx and hairworks? 

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

2 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

Thats completely your opinion. You can't shit talk AMD when you dont like the games that perform best on them... Should I go shit talk nvidia because of physx and hairworks? 

Not talking shit just want them to show a differnt game like bf1 or gta5 just not doom

3 hours ago, masterkickass7 said:

Not talking shit just want them to show a differnt game like bf1 or gta5 just not doom

AMD doesn't need to show shit. Nvidia used only Doom to demo Pascal before release too. Oh, and they've shown star wars battlefront too.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 hours ago, masterkickass7 said:

Don't worry. As soon as someone speaks remotely negative about AMD, everyone will assume you're an Nvidia shill and jump on you. Best just to ignore unless you want free entertainment.

9 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Don't worry. As soon as someone speaks remotely negative about AMD, everyone will assume you're an Nvidia shill and jump on you. Best just to ignore unless you want free entertainment.

RIP intel

Eh, it's the same for both sides. But that's how cherrypicking works. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.