Prehistoric pc to new pc

hello everyone, 

I have a PC which is a prehistoric PC. the configuration is given below.

intel core i3 2130

Asus h61m-c 

ddr3 ram (8gb)(1333mhz)

AMD Radeon HD 5450 .....

now, my budget is 500-550 USD. I live in Bangladesh. can any expert suggest a balanced PC between gaming and workstation?

Lol prehistoric? I have a core 2 duo laptop I take to school every day. And I have a computer in my closet that has an Athlon 64 and an agp nvidea 6800 ultra.

As for the build I would get a i5 6500k and a gtx 1060 6gb if you wan't the best bang for your buck. Make sure you get an add as your boot drive and just use as many hard drives as you need for mass storage. And remember that gentlemen buy western digital hard drives. 

22 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

gentlemen buy western digital hard drives.

but..why?

having a WD black in my own rig. why?

What kind of work do you plan on doing on this?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

This build can do the following: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xLY76X

1. This build can play the latest games, so you can entertain yourself when you want (i.e. Battlefield 1, GTA 5, trust me, I use this card.)

2. This can render videos, albeit not as fast as an i7, it's decent for the price.

Let me know what you want this PC to do, and I will change things accordingly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular

11 hours ago, manikyath said:

but..why?

having a WD black in my own rig. why?

I apologize for the late relply. You see gentalmen such as myself realize that building a hard drive is like painting a beutiful picture, one brush stroke out of line and it's ruined. Think of WD as refined and world renouned artists. Everyone else..... Art school drop outs. 

Just now, doomsriker said:

I apologize for the late relply. You see gentalmen such as myself realize that building a hard drive is like painting a beutiful picture, one brush stroke out of line and it's ruined. Think of WD as refined and world renouned artists. Everyone else..... Art school drop outs. 

except that having a WD black and a toshiba shitbox 3TB, the toshiba is seeminly faster, quieter, and cheaper.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

except that having a WD black and a toshiba shitbox 3TB, the toshiba is seeminly faster, quieter, and cheaper.

I speak mostly in terms of reliability. I have worked on many used computers and WD is the only company who's drives last. I have a pentium D machine with vista and it's 80gb WD black still runs like a dream. I implore you to find a Hitachi, or Toshiba, or Seagate that has been running that long with daily use. In my opinion what matters most is reliability. what good is a faster drive if you end up losing all your data to a dead drive? 

3 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

I speak mostly in terms of reliability. I have worked on many used computers and WD is the only company who's drives last. I have a pentium D machine with vista and it's 80gb WD black still runs like a dream. I implore you to find a Hitachi, or Toshiba, or Seagate that has been running that long with daily use. In my opinion what matters most is reliability. what good is a faster drive if you end up losing all your data to a dead drive? 

i'll go trough my list of dead hard drives:

- 500GB WD green

i'll go trough my list of still working hard drives:

- 1GB maxtor

- 40GB maxtor

- 40GB WD caviar

- 80GB maxtor

- 500GB samsung refurb of "questionable source"

- 160GB samsung

- 250GB seagate barracuda that's been on a backpacking trip with me without protection

- 1TB WD blue

- 1.5TB samsung drive that has had several dives while doing writes

- 1TB seagate barracuda

- 2TB WD black

- my two 3TB toshibas in my server

- 4TB toshiba in my server doing cold backup

- a whole range of other shitboxes that's in my vareous shelved builds.

and the specific reason why i went with the 3TB toshibas was because of a review from a guy that has gotten 50 of them trough the years for his small buisiness, and as of yet has reported zero dead hard drives ;) (as a comparison, the similarly priced 3TB seagate barracuda had a 50/50 split between "works just fine and everyone is a liar" and "shit's unreliable, dont buy", with 3TB offerings from WD being essentially more expensive than two toshiba's.)

14 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'll go trough my list of dead hard drives:

- 500GB WD green

i'll go trough my list of still working hard drives:

- 1GB maxtor

- 40GB maxtor

- 40GB WD caviar

- 80GB maxtor

- 500GB samsung refurb of "questionable source"

- 160GB samsung

- 250GB seagate barracuda that's been on a backpacking trip with me without protection

- 1TB WD blue

- 1.5TB samsung drive that has had several dives while doing writes

- 1TB seagate barracuda

- 2TB WD black

- my two 3TB toshibas in my server

- 4TB toshiba in my server doing cold backup

- a whole range of other shitboxes that's in my vareous shelved builds.

and the specific reason why i went with the 3TB toshibas was because of a review from a guy that has gotten 50 of them trough the years for his small buisiness, and as of yet has reported zero dead hard drives ;) (as a comparison, the similarly priced 3TB seagate barracuda had a 50/50 split between "works just fine and everyone is a liar" and "shit's unreliable, dont buy", with 3TB offerings from WD being essentially more expensive than two toshiba's.)

Hey maybe your experiences vary, but I trust only WD. Also freaking fantastic customer service. My Dad got a 2tb WD black used and it turned out to be dead. So he gave it to me. Called up WD. They didin't care that I was not the original owner,they just told me to send it in a week I had a replacement for 100% free. They even paid the postage. 

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

Hey maybe your experiences vary, but I trust only WD. Also freaking fantastic customer service. My Dad got a 2tb WD black used and it turned out to be dead. Called up WD. They didin't care that I was not the original owner,they just told me to send it in a week I had a replacement for 100% free. They even paid the postage. 

thats what i have my retailer for.

but honestly.. a WD black is a fucking jackhammer, if you're realist you would take just that for a reason to instead agree with the recommendation of a quieter drive, thats also a cheaper drive, an equally fast drive, and an equally reliable drive.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

thats what i have my retailer for.

but honestly.. a WD black is a fucking jackhammer, if you're realist you would take just that for a reason to instead agree with the recommendation of a quieter drive, thats also a cheaper drive, an equally fast drive, and an equally reliable drive.

Well to each their own My friend.