Nintendo Switch may be $399

That Norwegian Guy
Go to solution Solved by elkenrod,

March 3rd.

$299 in North America

If this is true, I can't say I'm surprised as Nvidia hardware tends to, in a word, mean; overpriced.

FlJ7j-4TV0iT-FKvYbH-Cx18UB5oOk9k82lryUtQ

Granted, if this is a campaign ready to launch, this might be for a bundle of sorts where you get extras such as games and extra controllers and / or storage as Nintendo have done in the past, but even if that's the case we'd be looking at a $350 minimum based on past experiences. According to a Reddit poster this is from a Walmart scan in USA.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm probably not in the market for a Switch at that price. Maybe going with Nvidia Tegra wasn't the best choice for Nintendo.

Potential hope is held out for unconfirmed reports from BestBuy and Target, at $250 and $299, respectively, leading me to believe the Walmart report is probably a bundle. And $250 was my original "willing to pay" mark, so hopefully the BestBuy one is correct ;)

Source: Reddit

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Wow a console can potentially costs less. But if BestBuy and Target really say they cost 250 it would be so nice

Wow. 399 for a nice portable that can run skyrim with an lcd and a big battery that you can use on the go or hook up to the TV. And on top of all that you can play Nintendo exclusives on it. That sounds like an awesome deal to me. 

$250 and i can see almost everyone that could want one getting one, more then that then the customers drop off probably but Nintendo is about as praised as Apple in some regrards so you never know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

Wow. 399 for a nice portable that can run skyrim with an lcd and a big battery that you can use on the go or hook up to the TV. And on top of all that you can play Nintendo exclusives on it. That sounds like an awesome deal to me. 

and all titles will be $60 or more like on the Wii U! yay! IRONY INTESEFIES

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

$250 and i can see almost everyone that could want one getting one, more then that then the customers drop off probably but Nintendo is about as praised as Apple in some regrards so you never know

Nintendo holds their exclusives hostage like Apple holds their OS hostage.

Just now, doomsriker said:

Nintendo holds their exclusives hostage like Apple holds their OS hostage.

and i dislike both but can apretiate the products of Nintendo atleast lol

Builds:

Spoiler

The switch is going to fail so badly 399 damn

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

They should make a Nintendo switch non portable that is cheaper IMO. I think some people won't wan't to pay more for a screen and battery they won't use. 

2 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

The switch is going to fail so badly 399 damn

Honestly, they have the fanbase to still sell out for months at that price probably.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

i want to get it but at the same time not, 399 is a bit high for a Nintendo product i really hope it has something that's killer. 

2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Honestly, they have the fanbase to still sell out for months at that price probably.

Well.

Nintendo ALWAYS sell out everything they do, because they are - in their own world - a toy company, not a games company - creating false demand by supplying too little for every product. So the myth that Nintendo fans will always outbuy the Nintendo supply is always supported by the fact Nintendo doesn't make enough of whatever they're selling. On purpouse.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

the 250-300 price range rumors worked out well. now it's 399... that's pretty much PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio territory. 

the problem is ps4 remote play is much better than the switch underclocked cpu. 

13 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well.

Nintendo ALWAYS sell out everything they do, because they are - in their own world - a toy company, not a games company - creating false demand by supplying too little for every product. So the myth that Nintendo fans will always outbuy the Nintendo supply is always supported by the fact Nintendo doesn't make enough of whatever they're selling. On purpouse.

Eh, I know people are salty about the nes classic thing but it's not ALWAYS the case, sometimes they truly cannot keep up with demand. Either way the point is the same: They can sell it at 399 without issue most likely.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Eh, i Know people are salty about the nes classic thing but it's not ALWAYS the case, sometimes they truly cannot keep up with demand. Either way the point is the same: They can sell it at 399 without issue most likely.

Well you can't convince anyone Nintendo couldn't keep up with demand for a $60 priced $2.50 Raspberry Pi in a slapdash case with $3 worth of games on it...

1 minute ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Well you can't convince anyone Nintendo couldn't keep up with demand for a $60 priced $2.50 Raspberry Pi in a slapdash case...

they are just feeding off of nostalgia the pi is better in every way. a pi cost about 40 bucks to get everything and you can play almost every old gaming platform.   

Well that's a fair bit more than I imagined. That surely must be a bundle of sorts if it's true. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

the problem is ps4 remote play is much better than the switch underclocked cpu. 

doesn't hurt to try out the switch's implementation. can turn out pretty good 

We'll find out tonight and tomorrow. Cant wait to test one out tomorrow.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

doesn't hurt to try out the switch's implementation. can turn out pretty good 

I really hope its good and they don't pull another wii u.