How to increase Heatsink fan speed?

Krigga
Just now, annoyingmoments said:

Does the fan even spin if you are gaming?

Did you use heatsink paste?

Did you play arounf with some kind of Fan monitoring software to setup custom fan curves? e.g: 300rpm at 40 degrees. 500 at 50 or something like that?

The fans are spinning.

The paste is on.

Fans are at maximum speed.

Maybe MSI Afterburner is inaccurate. I'll try another program.

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

try reseating the heatsink again. 

What do I do? Clean off the paste and redo it?

turn off your PC, wait a few mins, remove the mounting brackets and screws from the heatsink, and separate the heatsink from the CPU. clean the thermal paste off both the heatsink coldplate and CPU chip with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip or similar. apply new paste and mount the heatsink back on, making sure you don't slide the heatsink around too much. 

turn off your PC, wait a few mins, remove the mounting brackets and screws from the heatsink, and separate the heatsink from the CPU. clean the thermal paste off both the heatsink coldplate and CPU chip with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip or similar. apply new paste and mount the heatsink back on, making sure you don't slide the heatsink around too much. 

I don't have isopropyl alcohol and just put on the heatsink yesterday. I just don't feel it is necessary.

Just now, Technicolors said:

it could be a faulty heatsink... do you have a spare lying around? 

I just bought the heatsink, and have no spares. It is a Gammaxx400.

contact the vendor and file an RMA 

btw what CPU is it? 

By vendor do you mean the shop I bought it at?

Its an i5 7600k

14 hours ago, Technicolors said:

strange. motherboards usually have the Nuvoton chip as the fan signal controller. is Speedfan reading any fan speeds? 

go to the Fans tab and take a screenshot 

Speedfan has had issues with newer Intel chipsets. So that might be issue.

12 hours ago, Technicolors said:

it could be a faulty heatsink... do you have a spare lying around? 

Unlikely. Mounting might have issue, buts it would be rare occasion that heatsink itself being issue. We need pics to determine if there's even chance of that.

13 hours ago, Krigga said:

BUMP. Please help me.

Could you provide screenshot of fans speeds and your temps (HWmonitor or similar software). And possibly inside the case too? Its bit hard to follow your actual issue. Is CPU fan connected to CPU_FAN header right now? Also, just for making sure everything is how it should be, go to BIOS, mark down the temp you see there (thats to see if you have mounting issue or there's something else) and then go to Hardware Monitor tab to see if CPU fan controlling is configured right. It should have PWM selected.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Speedfan has had issues with newer Intel chipsets. So that might be issue.

Unlikely. Mounting might have issue, buts it would be rare occasion that heatsink itself being issue. We need pics to determine if there's even chance of that.

Could you provide screenshot of fans speeds and your temps (HWmonitor or similar software). And possibly inside the case too? Its bit hard to follow your actual issue. Is CPU fan connected to CPU_FAN header right now? Also, just for making sure everything is how it should be, go to BIOS, mark down the temp you see there (thats to see if you have mounting issue or there's something else) and then go to Hardware Monitor tab to see if CPU fan controlling is configured right. It should have PWM selected.

All good, CPU is fine. Just concerned about things in other post.

Are you oc'ing? 

Have you tried reseating the cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you oc'ing? 

Have you tried reseating the cooler?

Don't worry I solved the problem. Thanks though.