Bankruptcy filing against Tesla Motors Norway

That Norwegian Guy

Today in cute news: In an amusing case, an advertising agency has filed a bankruptcy claim against Tesla Motors Norway for failing to pay a bill of, wait for it, $200.

The company had been contracted to vinyl wrap a Tesla car. Upon learning from other companies that Tesla were suspected by them of "speculating in not paying" - aka. taking their chances on the contractors not following up invoices, they made it a matter of principle to go all in with their efforts to claim payment.

A so called "desire of declaration of bankruptcy" in Norway is a fairly low threshold and low cost action (that is, unless you're deemed the losing side in court and have to pay the expenses) that can be undertaken at any point where a company has had a month to pay an invoice, failed, and then defaulted upon a reminder.

At this point, if Tesla still doesn't pay, it would go to court and they may be declared bankrupt. Chances of Tesla refusing to pay are slim at this point, but it's an interesting insight into company practice at Tesla, as this seems to be how they operate on a regular basis. Try not to pay until you're forced to? Strange company culture, and reminiscent of other US tech giants in European countries dodging those silly taxes.

Should this go to court, the costs would multiply to $6200 in the first instance of the legal system, which would be an expensive vinyl wrap indeed.

Even Roland, Director of Communications at Tesla Norway, categorically denied that Tesla speculate in the non-payment of bills. 

—We have had issues with our payment systems, and they are close to all being solved. The invoice will be paid monday at the latest.

Source: E24.no (Norwegian)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

as a bookkeeper i can almost guarantee it went something like this
"yo did you pay that invoice"
"what invoice?"
"this invoice"
"oh shit no this is my first time seeing this, ill process it right away"

and boom the fucking ad agency decided to blow it out of proportion

Photography / Finance / Gaming

9 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

but it's an interesting insight into company practice at Tesla, as this seems to be how they operate on a regular basis. Try not to pay until you're forced to

How is one tiny missed payment indicative of a desire to not pay until pressured?

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I'm in collections.

what @mok says is accurate. and honestly, it's not just tech giants. everyone wants to pay their bills as late as possible. If there's no penalty, they will drag it out until you either make them feel bad, or you threaten to take them to collections.

it (doesn't) surprise me how quickly computers and invoicing systems that were supposedly down for weeks can be fixed these days when you tell them you file to the courts on Monday.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, Bensemus said:

How is one tiny missed payment indicative of a desire to not pay until pressured?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in the OP, but apparently the agency who'd been contracted had heard from other companies that Tesla were defaulting on bills, and that was their opinionated conclusion.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in the OP, but apparently the agency who'd been contracted had heard from other companies that Tesla were defaulting on bills, and that was their opinionated conclusion.

That makes more sense.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

29 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

I'm in collections.

what @mok says is accurate. and honestly, it's not just tech giants. everyone wants to pay their bills as late as possible. If there's no penalty, they will drag it out until you either make them feel bad, or you threaten to take them to collections.

it (doesn't) surprise me how quickly computers and invoicing systems that were supposedly down for weeks can be fixed these days when you tell them you file to the courts on Monday.

i prefer to pay them asap

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

36 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

i prefer to pay them asap

we all do. in fact, most purchase agreements state that payment is required to be made within a certain amount of time. The problem though is when you have a purchase of $15,000 per billing cycle for a prolonged period of time (say a year) they hold that over your head and say, "well, if you don't allow us to pay withing 75 days, we're just going to cancel the deal and we'll find someone else."

money talks.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I'd laugh if they got liquidated

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

Sounds like the bullshit threat-o-grams of "collection actions", "doorstep officers" and "legal proceedings" for that £15 you "owe" for some obscure charge after terminating a phone contract and not signing it with the correct colour ink.

6 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

Sounds like the bullshit threat-o-grams of "collection actions", "doorstep officers" and "legal proceedings" for that £15 you "owe" for some obscure charge after terminating a phone contract and not signing it with the correct colour ink.

or agreeing to purchase material and installation, and decide to go in another direction, and since you don't have a contractual OUT you just ... not pay the invoice and hope the issuing company gets tired of trying and writes it off.

System specs:

LOL, 200....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

This is the stupidest shit I've heard all day.

Not the story about a Taxi driver jerking it when seeing a girl and a boy make out. Not the story about how a guy who was supposed to go on a 10 hour fast gave up 5 hours through it.... But this. This is just stupid.......

<Joke>

Next week, if I don't get my roughly equivalent to $3 USD back from people who owe me money, I'm gonna go to court and call them bankrupt.

</Joke>

LMAO!!!!!

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is the stupidest shit I've heard all day.

Not the story about a Taxi driver jerking it when seeing a girl and a boy make out. Not the story about how a guy who was supposed to go on a 10 hour fast gave up 5 hours through it.... But this. This is just stupid.......

<Joke>

Next week, if I don't get my roughly equivalent to $3 USD back from people who owe me money, I'm gonna go to court and call them bankrupt.

</Joke>

LMAO!!!!!

No next week we'll get reports about ISIS allying with North Korea in order to stop Japanese Whaling in Antartica

Why don't you guys see its a question of principle?

You sign a contract for a service, you pay in due time, no matter the amount of money it is about. If Tesla can't even bother to pay 200€ they owe, that says a lot about them. Either they are a badly organized company which can't even pay it's bills, or they're just asssholes who will do anything for money, even if the amount of money is ridiculously small.

If you can't be trusted to pay those 200€, you basically can't be trusted for anything, so it's not that stupid.

Tesla probably gets thousands of invoices a day and since they're an infant company they maybe don't have the best infrastructure to handle paying them out.  My company literally has floors of people just dedicated to supply chain management (which is basically buying parts and paying bills).

What the original company should have done is have a clause in the contract that there's penalties for not paying on time, then they can sue for something substatial if the bill isn't paid.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)