Fans... controls...

watkinsc86
Go to solution Solved by YubinTheBunny,

Why not use speedfan? I use it and JaysTwoCents did a tutorial on it. 

Hey Everyone,

With a new year I went and build my self a new Rig. Everything works fine but I'm "Annoyed" with the fan controls software. What is it doing it is pulsing the fan up and down in rpms and at this point I got tried of this so I have everything on silent. Here is a spec https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rQy9RG of what I build. Any recommendation is welcome. I'm using this software ASUS AI suite 3, Corsair Link and everything is up to date.

what I think is things are clashing between software. IDK

I just got an NZXT Grid+ V2 and I think it's pretty good. it's only like £30 ($30 now, rip the pound) so not extortionate.

Like can you not just set it in the bios? Even on my cheap gigabyte board from 2011 you can set the PWM amounts.

yes

1 hour ago, Mug said:

I just got an NZXT Grid+ V2 and I think it's pretty good. it's only like £30 ($30 now, rip the pound) so not extortionate.

Like can you not just set it in the bios? Even on my cheap gigabyte board from 2011 you can set the PWM amounts.

Yes, but I don't wanna have to enter the bios if I don't have too. I don't mind running the fans silent or on normal; however, when I'm trying to use a mic to record stuff or have my webcam on the fans seem to do something other than what I want.

sorry on my phone, but i ran in to a BIG problem... changed fan setting in bios.. so far good.. then I f10 my way out of bios... then it reload back in to bios after it resets changing my boot priority and tells me my main boot ssd (m.2) no longer registered or there, so i reset to default. load back up the computer agian it and it back i just change the priority again to my back main boot drive. it loads windows.. while in the mean time my mouse and keyboard stop working.. now they dont at all. they only work in bios. i having tech issues....  

default? you mean cmos reset?

did you reset your boot order while in BIOS?

plug mouse and keyboard into ps2 slots....with adapter if necessary.

I got it..

I still don't know why it did what it did but I had to restore windows. it seem this is VERY touchy system...

Why not use speedfan? I use it and JaysTwoCents did a tutorial on it. 

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master