AMD Ryzen 4 Core rumoured to have Hyper Threading disabled.

DELTAprime
33 minutes ago, Phate.exe said:

If I had to guess:

4c/4t to compete with i3's

4c/8t to compete with i5's

6c/12t to compete with "normal" i7's like the 6700k

8c/16t to compete with super-expensive cpu's like the 6900k

Also APU's will likely be spread around through the i3 and i5 range.

I don't believe for a second that the i3 market segment needs a 4c/8t processor.

AMD is targeting low market though. Though it may be right the SR7 will be at max $500 forcing the 6900k, 6800k ect to all drop in prices like rocks. Technically targeting the higher end market but keeping it at a <$500 range. Could be true about 6c/12t ect ect but SR7 won't be in the same price bracket as a 6900k.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

AMD is targeting low market though. Though it may be right the SR7 will be at max $500 forcing the 6900k, 6800k ect to all drop in prices like rocks. Technically targeting the higher end market but keeping it at a <$500 range. Could be true about 6c/12t ect ect but SR7 won't be in the same price bracket as a 6900k.

I suppose I should have clarified.  Those were the rough performance bracket comparisons, not necessarily price brackets.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 hour ago, deviant88 said:

Dream on, half the performance and OC pottential of Ryzen at 50$ hehe nope.

At best case 4core will be prices 150$ just above i3 and undercutting i5's, but with OC pottential. 6 core will be undercutting i7 4c/8t models  at ~300$.

Sadly even if these prices are good enough they will arive in the rest of the world outside of US at much higher prices add 100$ on top making Ryzen way too expensive, only in time they will drop, amd usually drops prices with time unlike shit intel. Im expecting to buy an ryzen 6core/12 thread OC unlocked in 2018 around <250$ but thats just a dream.

I said 4core at 50$ sounds a great deal because we don't even know the prices yet. And the OP sounded like bashing on AMD and saying that 4 core CPUs aren't good. Well depends on the price.

And yes I do expect 4c/4t Ryzen CPUs to be around 120$ price mark. Or maybe a bit lower, just to get the market back to them.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

And the OC capability of a CPU shouldn't be used in any way to discern the performance of it and the success of the platform. Neither should clock rate for that matter but to a much lesser degree, only due to how technologically stuck we are with CPU design though.

Clock rate is just an arbitrary number meaningless in any way without supplementary information. Over clocking is not a fundamental part of computing and is just a technical challenge that enthusiast like to try out. If Ryzen was locked on all SKUs but was 15%-20% faster than all of Intel's offerings and cheaper it will sell extremely well, if people purchased logically.

That's one big if though and we already know from past evidence that people don't always take the most logical choice.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

so how did u manage to fit that power supply in that case

The geek himself.

Well I expected such, also SKUs with their SMT too.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 hours ago, Phate.exe said:

If I had to guess:

4c/4t to compete with i3's

4c/8t to compete with i5's

6c/12t to compete with "normal" i7's like the 6700k

8c/16t to compete with super-expensive cpu's like the 6900k

Also APU's will likely be spread around through the i3 and i5 range.

I don't believe for a second that the i3 market segment needs a 4c/8t processor.

I wouldn't be surprised to see - 

4c/4t to compete with i5's

4c/8t to compete with i7's

6c/12t bridge between 1151 & 2011-V3 (i7-5820k?)

8c/16t to compete with super-expensive CPUs on 2011-V3

AMD has openly said that they're no longer going to be seen as the 'cheaper' option, so I wouldn't expect them to price the CPUs more affordably than Intel offerings particularly if they're performing on-par. They'll price them and spec them for performance gaps in Intel's line-up, or price & compete directly with existing offerings. 

They have done the same with RTG's RX series. 

If the IPC is there.. 4c4t wont really screw you over if the price/performance is right on the money.

Nothing to bitch about. Want more, pony more dollars.. like you would with Intel.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wait for tomorrow when they'll anounce there will also be dual cores with hyper-threading...people will go nuts!

9k-3HA.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

In reality this would not be a problem if people realized that hyperthreading does not magically double the number of cores. From a marketing standpoint this could be a problem though (depends on pricing).

20 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

Well that's a let down.

yea I cant believe they did that

Unbenannt.PNG

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

20 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Also CF/SLI only on X370. I'm sure some people with B350 would CF/SLI. 

That's pretty BS. 

"Rawr XD"

11 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

If the IPC is there.. 4c4t wont really screw you over if the price/performance is right on the money.

This is how i5 has always been and to this day it's still the sweet spot for gaming performance compared to price. It's really all you need, given that IPC lives up to what they say it is. So far it seems like it will though so fingers crossed. 

"Rawr XD"

But there wont by hype without hyper threading.... :(

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 12.1.2017 at 0:04 PM, Dabombinable said:

As long as AMD ends up killing all fucking dual cores with fire (and yes, dual cores for Haswell and up are retarded).

Why would I want to use more expensive quad cores, when a dual will du the job just fine?

Imagine someone would replace my dual core m3 in my Asus convertible with a quad core. I would be pissed. 

26 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Why would I want to use more expensive quad cores, when a dual will du the job just fine?

Imagine someone would replace my dual core m3 in my Asus convertible with a quad core. I would be pissed. 

That dual core is about as fast as my mediocre A8 4555M....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 1/12/2017 at 5:27 AM, Simon771 said:

Depends how you look at it.

4 Ryzen cores for 50$ doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

If the cores are any good, that is. I'm maintaining some level of skepticism toward Ryzen. Remember people talking up Bulldozer like it was the savior of CPUs, and would've blown Intel out of the water? I know we have benchmarks of Ryzen, but let's not go down that hole again. 

Edited by Godlygamer23
Terminology changes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Canard pc ( even with it's funny name and joke) is one of the more trustable source we have in france.

Always being neutral about their subject , so it's smelling pretty good for AMD , atm , not a surprise anyway.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

On 1/12/2017 at 0:31 PM, Simon771 said:

I do hope they will also make some 6 core/12t CPU in Ryzen line.

AFAIK, they won't do something like that.... (For now at least)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

If the cores are any good, that is. I'm maintaining some level of skepticism toward Ryzen. Remember people talking up Bulldozer like it was the savior of CPUs, and would've blown Intel out of the water? I know we have benchmarks of Ryzen, but let's not go down that hole again. 

From the benchmarks, we find that Ryzen  is between Haswell and Broadwell per core...

TBH, that is very promising (if priced logically of course)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Trust me, I also don't trust AMD with those 2 videos about rendering.

We need much more than that to see if Ryzen is realy worth it. It's also kinda weird to me that clock on shown chip was 3,4GHz only ... Is that maximum? If those CPUs are capable of 4,0GHz and beyond, why didn't they show us that in rub it in Intel's face.

So yeah we are all Jon Snow's right now because we know nothing xD

Untill I see full details of CPUs and benchmarks from Cinebench, I won't concider buying it. But I do hope AMD will finally bring something good to the table.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

18 minutes ago, Atsura said:

Canard pc ( even with it's funny name and joke) is one of the more trustable source we have in france.

Always being neutral about their subject , so it's smelling pretty good for AMD , atm , not a surprise anyway.

yes it is... Looks competitive.

and I'm glad cause vega is not looking too promising...

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

That dual core is about as fast as my mediocre A8 4555M....

What dual core are you talking about?

Cause I'm sure a Skylake M3 destroys anything AMD currently hast to offer on the notebook market. Especially when you consider, that with a M3 battery lifes of up to 10 hours of useage are no problem.