IS LTT CES coverage be only expensive gamer stuff?

maremp

It seems to me expensive gaming stuff is majority of their coverage, with few exceptions of things average viewer could actually afford. I know these things get views, but who's actually going to buy one of these behemoths? And TBH, these seem more like all-in-one computers,  nobody is going to carry around a 18 pound 21" laptop on regular basis.

Dont worry. Me and linus stole everything expensive. I was gonna keep is secret, but LINUS FILMED IT, AND UPLOADED IT!

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Because there's no point in showing "mainstream" hardware as they are boring and look nothing special. CES is all about adding "spice" to hardware eg. RGB everything.

9 minutes ago, ybriK said:

Because there's no point in showing "mainstream" hardware as they are boring and look nothing special. CES is all about adding "spice" to hardware eg. RGB everything.

What makes RGB RAM exciting? Nothing RGB inside a computer case makes sense. And if you really want it that bad, a custom RGB strip is more customizable and more simple to control (e.g. keep in sync).

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

CES is a trade show to get people excited about new tech, which is often on the expensive side anyway.

I get that, but one thing is covering a new flagship CPU, GPU, display, TV, etc. I am really interested in who's going to buy a $9000, 21" and 18 pound laptop, or any of the other covered high-end gaming "laptops". If you need a suitcase to carry it around, it's not much better than a standard PC.  And at this price point, one could make 2 sets of full builds, including all flagship components and top-tier peripherals.

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

You don't go for a car show for Kia Spectra do you? 

Then again, I wouldn't have a look only at gold plated cars sprinkled with diamonds and shit like that.

6 minutes ago, maremp said:

I get that, but one thing is covering a new flagship CPU, GPU, display, TV, etc. I am really interested in who's going to buy a $9000, 21" and 18 pound laptop, or any of the other covered high-end gaming "laptops". If you need a suitcase to carry it around, it's not much better than a standard PC.  And at this price point, one could make 2 sets of full builds, including all flagship components and top-tier peripherals.

Most of that new stuff is showcasing new tech in general that gets trickled down to the lower end models within a few years.

Also lots of people buy "desktop replacements" and one fact remains: it's a  a complete system that technically needs just one wire to plug in and it'll work. It'll also work without a power outlet for a while.

27 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

You don't go to a car show for a Kia Spectra do you? 

You underestimate my love for a cheap Korean!

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

1 hour ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Dont worry. Me and linus stole everything expensive. I was gonna keep is secret, but LINUS FILMED IT, AND UPLOADED IT!

oyhew6.jpg

2 hours ago, maremp said:

What makes RGB RAM exciting? Nothing RGB inside a computer case makes sense. And if you really want it that bad, a custom RGB strip is more customizable and more simple to control (e.g. keep in sync)

You didn't read my statement at all. Also it's all subjective in regards to case aesthetics.