New ROG monitors, is anyone else excited?

Archeval

I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited about these ROG monitors that were shown in CES 2017 

the ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ, G-sync, 4k, 144Hz, HDR, 27in., Quantum Dot monitor. 2DP 1.4 and one HDMI 2.0

and the ASUS ROG Switft PG258Q, G-sync, 1080p, 240Hz, 24.5in., monitor don't know if this is also quantum dot, haven't seen anything that confirms or denies it.

also 1 HDMI, 1 DP (version not specified in specs), 2 USB 3.0 and audio jack

I'm specifically excited for the 1080p monitor, no price point yet that i can see but seeing as they have G-sync it may be a pretty penny.

so are any of you excited for this as well?

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored for this and am not affiliated with ASUSTEK or ROG in any capacity, just a fan of good monitors

Edit: fixed 4Hz

244? I though it was 240Hz?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Archeval said:

the ASUS ROG Swift PG27UQ, G-sync, 4k, 144Hz, HDR, 27in., Quantum Dot monitor. 2DP 1.4 and one HDMI 2.0

i am looking forward to this one. but i would have liked a 1440p option... 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

244? I though it was 240Hz?

you're right i mistyped, thanks for catching it

For the 240 hertz monitor, hell yeah! That's going to be amazing but I thought that a German(or something like that) company has already made a monitor like that. Anyways, I think that that monitor will make gaming feel like another dimension. Smooth as butter. :) 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

16 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

who knows, maybe sometime in the near future they'll announce one. *crosses fingers*

i wonder if there is a channel for requesting product lines from ASUS/ROG as a consumer

55 minutes ago, Jasun said:

For the 240 hertz monitor, hell yeah! That's going to be amazing but I thought that a German(or something like that) company has already made a monitor like that. Anyways, I think that that monitor will make gaming feel like another dimension. Smooth as butter. :) 

AOC has 240 Hz TN full HD monitor. Tftcentral took a very detailed look into it: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_agon_ag251fz.htm

But it has FreeSync, so LTT probably does not care.

55 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Same here, knowing Asus they probably will release a 1440p option but we'll just have to see.

16 minutes ago, SanityAgathion said:

AOC has 240 Hz TN full HD monitor. Tftcentral took a very detailed look into it: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_agon_ag251fz.htm

But it has FreeSync, so LTT probably does not care.

i do like that monitor but i'm not sold on the aesthetic personally.

the addition of a headphone hanger is nice and the ability to be mounted on most monitor arms are nice, and the freesync is great. There's just something about it i can't pinpoint.

also reading over the specs color accuracy isn't that bad, and backlight bleeding is minuscule.  what is bothering me about this monitor?

Edited by Archeval

It looks more modest, at least from the front. It does not scream what manufacturers push out to be "GAMING!!!" from every edge. The monitor sans the stand looks pretty mundane I'd say.

I took a look at other AOC products and they have some interesting lineup of monitors for this year: https://www.aocgaming.com/en/products/category/agon some of them are IPS and even 165 Hz with G-Sync. Looks really interesting, as a "transition period" monitors until real HDRs, OLEDs and QDots become available for mere mortals at normal prices.

3 minutes ago, SanityAgathion said:

It looks more modest, at least from the front. It does not scream what manufacturers push out to be "GAMING!!!" from every edge. The monitor sans the stand looks pretty mundane I'd say.

I took a look at other AOC products and they have some interesting lineup of monitors for this year: https://www.aocgaming.com/en/products/category/agon some of them are IPS and even 165 Hz with G-Sync. Looks really interesting, as a "transition period" monitors until real HDRs, OLEDs and QDots become available for mere mortals at normal prices.

yeah, i'm currently in a holding pattern on what I want to move to because i've had my hardware for a while and i'm looking to get some nice performing monitors because of hardware upgrades i'll be doing in the near future depending on how well Ryzen/Vega does.