Positive Case Pressure in an H440?

JSUSoutherner

So I'm still doing homework on my upcoming build (it will be my first build) and I'm trying to figure out a way to get positive pressure in the case. 

I was originally going to stick with the front 3 FN V2 120mm fans that come with the case and put in a H115i and a Corsair AF140 as a rear exhaust fan but a bit of quick number crunching tells me I'll have quite a bit of negative air pressure in my case and I don't want dust. 

Here is the CFM ratings on what I have so far:

Intake: 135CFM

- 3x NZXT FN V2 120mm (45 CFM each)

Exhaust: ~170CFM

-Corsair H115i (105 CFM)

-Corsair AF140 QE LED (66 CFM)

I looked at Corsair's SP120 high performance fans for the front intake but I hear they are quite loud. Also, I'll be removing all of the hard drive bays except one for less resistance against the fans. 

Should I go for better fans in the front or will I even have a problem with dust and I'm just overthinking this? If I do go for better fans I want them to be relatively quiet.

Thoughts?

Thanks

The corsair ones will be less pressure due to the air resistance of the radiator. You should be fine with the config you mentioned.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 hours ago, bgibbz said:

The corsair ones will be less pressure due to the air resistance of the radiator. You should be fine with the config you mentioned.

^ Ditto

Also, it's not like you'll be running all of the fans at 100% anyway which means lower cfm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

^ Ditto

Also, it's not like you'll be running all of the fans at 100% anyway which means lower cfm.

I was under the impression that only the PWM fans on the H115i wouldn't be at 100% all the time? 

If I have the rear exhaust AF140 and the three NZXT case fans in the front running off the PWM hub on the H440 will it control all the connected three pin fans or do they all just run full speed?

Does just the H115i not running at full speed make that much of a difference?

Edited by JSUSoutherner

3 minutes ago, JSUSoutherner said:

I was under the impression that only the PWM fans on the H115i wouldn't be at 100% all the time? 

If I have the rear exhaust AF140 and the three NZXT case fans in the front running off the PWM hub on the H440 will it control all the connected three pin fans or do they all just run full speed?

If you have the newer H440 with the pwm hub and have it plugged into a pwm header, fans connected to the hub will respond to the header's fan settings. 

If you have the original H440 with the powered hub, any fan plugged into it just runs at 100%.

PWM and DC are just different ways to power a fan with pwm pulsing 12v at different intervals to variate fan speed whereas DC raises or lowers voltage for a similar result. What speed they run at is determined by what header they're plugged into.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you have the newer H440 with the pwm hub and have it plugged into a pwm header, fans connected to the hub will respond to the header's fan settings. 

If you have the original H440 with the powered hub, any fan plugged into it just runs at 100%.

PWM and DC are just different ways to power a fan with pwm pulsing 12v at different intervals to variate fan speed whereas DC raises or lowers voltage for a similar result. 

So basically using the PWM hub on the newer H440 will control the fan speeds of all the case fans attached to it as long as I have the hub itself in a PWM header on my motherboard?

10 minutes ago, JSUSoutherner said:

So basically using the PWM hub on the newer H440 will control the fan speeds of all the case fans attached to it as long as I have the hub itself in a PWM header on my motherboard?

The H440 pwm hub takes a pwm signal and turns it into a different pwm signal that works for 3pin fans. 

The result is similar to splitting the signal from the motherboard header but not exactly the same.