AMD Set to Launch Ryzen Before March 3rd

DocSwag

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11031/amd-set-to-launch-ryzen-before-march-3rd-meeting-q1-targetCA75DFFE-4D52-4AD8-AD25-CF6AD63686CD-6588-00000B26D6A03B93_tmp.png

If you want to see for yourself go here.

The GDC event runs from February 27th to March 3rd, and currently the AMD talk is not on the exact schedule yet, so it could appear any day during the event (so be wary if anyone says Feb 27th). At this time AMD has not disclosed an exact date either, but it would be an interesting time to announce the new set of Ryzen CPUs right in the middle of both GDC and Mobile World Congress which is also during that week. It would mean that Ryzen news may end up being buried under other GDC and smartphone announcements.

Q1 2017 ends on March 31st, so this means that we can now narrow down the launch date of Ryzen most likely to something before March. My personal guess is that AMD will most likely host their own event to announce Ryzen, since the only large event I can think of for gaming and hardware around that time is PAX East. But PAX East is after GDC. What are you guy's thoughts?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

26 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

It would mean that Ryzen news may end up being buried under other GDC and smartphone announcements.

Not likely, I can't think of a single smartphone announcement that could possibly overshadow Ryzen, that's just silly talk shame on you Anandtech ;). Quick look at the other GDC sessions I can't see anything there that would either.

Is anyone here going to for sure buy into this platform right off the bat? I'd like to know if you're able to easily overclock these things right out of the box like you would with your typical Intel K CPU - mainly just to know whether or not AMD is going to clock these as high as they can and leave no room for overclocking even higher.

I'd also like to know if it performs as well as yer typical Intel i5 or i7 :)

Hopefully its a 27th launch, same day as my birthday xD

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Is anyone here going to for sure buy into this platform right off the bat? I'd like to know if you're able to easily overclock these things right out of the box like you would with your typical Intel K CPU - mainly just to know whether or not AMD is going to clock these as high as they can and leave no room for overclocking even higher.

I have a high chance of doing so yes, but that will be dependent on three things: If my house purchase goes through (if that does I'll be buying Ryzen), If the performance is there and verified by independent reviewers, if there is enough PCIe lanes to run 16x/16x crossfire + 10Gb NIC + 1/2 NVMe.

Edit:

Oh and if EKWB has motherboard blocks.

6 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Once I've decided which I want (the 8 core 16 thread is too much for what only gaming that i do) then i'll be ordering :P

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, leadeater said:

I have a high chance of doing so yes, but that will be dependent on three things: If my house purchase goes through (if that does I'll be buying Ryzen), If the performance is there and verified by independent reviewers, if there is enough PCIe lanes to run 16x/16x crossfire + 10Gb NIC + 1/2 NVMe.

Edit:

Oh and if EKWB has motherboard blocks.

You can bet your bottom toppers that EK will make blocks for them. They have them for AMD's other stuff.

8 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I mean you'll have reviews all over letting you know how the performance compares to i5's and i7's.

But yeah, I'll be buying it soon after release.  Probably the 6 core/12 thread, price/performance/overclocking potential will be factors deciding which chip I get.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

5 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You can bet your bottom toppers that EK will make blocks for them. They have them for AMD's other stuff.

I actually hope they do a MB + CPU monoblock. I use the R4BE, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus-r4be-monoblock-acetal-nickel, which is much nicer to use when doing hard line tubing.

Edit:

Corrected link, don't like clear blocks.

1 minute ago, Phate.exe said:

I mean you'll have reviews all over letting you know how the performance compares to i5's and i7's.

But yeah, I'll be buying it soon after release.  Probably the 6 core/12 thread, price/performance/overclocking potential will be factors deciding which chip I get.

I mainly want to see what actual owners are saying and not just people on Youtube and such - I knew people on Youtube like LTT and whatnot are going to have videos about it :P

Just now, leadeater said:

I actually hope they do a MB + CPU monoblock. I use the R4BE, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus-r4be-monoblock-nickel, which is much nicer to use when doing hard line tubing.

What's the purpose of water cooling that part of the motherboard, or is there really?

3 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

What's the purpose of water cooling that part of the motherboard, or is there really?

Some point but mostly none, it does also cover the VRMs/MOSFETs. I also waster cool the ram cos you know..... I could. Only thing not water cooled in my system is the 10Gb NIC and the SSDs.

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

Is anyone here going to for sure buy into this platform right off the bat?

I'll be buying the one that is in the $300 range the second they are released. Then drop maybe $125 on a motherboard or so. But yes I will be buying a Ryzen CPU.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I am for a 100% fact buying into this platform... But i will have to save a little money. So i'm sure someone will overclock the snot out of it before i do.... Im going for *Huge Hopes and Wishes*

Zen 8c 16t

Vega 4K playable minimum (whatever card that might be)

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

I saw a board with two m.2 ssd's..... Might raid that... or dual boot linux.

Just now, ZackBarletto said:

I saw a board with two m.2 ssd's..... Might raid that... or dual boot linux.

Ryzen. I overclock that.

SSDs. I raid that.

Linux. I dual boot that!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, ZackBarletto said:

I am for a 100% fact buying into this platform...

Same here, as soon as I see the X370 mATX board I need I'm going all in.

Though I expect the 6-core to be a better overclocker than the 8-core so that's my current target until I'm proven wrong.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

Ryzen. I overclock that.

SSDs. I raid that.

Linux. I dual boot that!

I just laughed way to hard. lmao! good one!

I plan to buy a mainstream quad core Ryzen CPU go replace my somewhat aging i5. I want an AM4 mini ITX motherboard that I could put an NVMe M.2 SSD onto. I will then choose a low profile ITX case capable of mounting my RX 460 that can lay flat underneath my monitor, probably the Node 202 or RVZ02. This build will be so glorious and I will probably keep it at that until ~2020 when I finally decide to upgrade to 4K because it and the GPUs that power it will hopefully be much cheaper by that point.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

The wait is almost over...

Have you bought the 6800K or are you waiting for Ryzen? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

well if i am I would still wait for independant reviews before making my decision.

my i7 3770k is ok, but my mobo just died. So now I have to decide whether to order a new socket 1155 mobo (very few choices left), or say goodbye to my 3770k by switching platforms to ryzen which will be probably faster but I need to buy a CPU and DDD4 RAM.... Which seems a bit wasteful considering what a 3770k is capable of.

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Have you bought the 6800K or are you waiting for Ryzen? 

Canceled the 6800K order to see what ryzen ends up like. I really hope it turns out good. 

I will buy either Ryzen or the 6800K as soon as reviews are up. 

3 minutes ago, Humbug said:

well if i am I would still wait for independant reviews before making my decision.

my i7 3770k is ok, but my mobo just died. So now I have to decide whether to order a new socket 1155 mobo (very few choices left), or say goodbye to my 3770k by switching platforms to ryzen which will be probably faster but I need to buy a CPU and DDD4 RAM.... Which seems a bit wasteful considering what a 3770k is capable of.

How much could you get for 3770K and RAM? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Wolther said:

Dammit. I was hoping for February 

March 3rd is literally the beginning of March. By the sounds of it Ryzen will most likely be launched in February. Worst case scenario is March 2nd launch, which is just 2 days extra from February.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb