Thermal Throttle Crash - Blade Stealth (Late 2016)

Hoping someone can help me with this as I am so confused. Quite a few times my laptop will freeze up, nothing responds, i have to turn it off by holding the power button. I had linked this back due to it thermal throttling as in event viewer this is shown 4 times, 1 for each thread (The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.) 

So I went into the bios and disabled the turbo to help control the temperature, it worked for a little bit but it has happened again. This is the confusing part, Ive seen my temps hit 75 degrees (Celsius)  and it wont crash, it just crashes when the temps are in the 50 degree to 60 degrees. Which is confusing because a system will shut down when it reaches the max TDP to prevent damage. 

Why is this happening and how can I stop it, the scenarios its happened in so far are Hangouts video call, Netflix streaming and just browsing. I make sure it can breathe everytime.

And yes ive contacted support, I just want a second opinion

Hi,

Today I sent back my blade stealth late 2016 for the same issue (and others).

I notices that mine seemed to freeze when it was plugged in and the battery was full, that was the only constant factor in all the times it has happened.

Hope this can help you :)

On 1/11/2017 at 0:54 PM, Beckyisponymad said:
Hoping someone can help me with this as I am so confused. Quite a few times my laptop will freeze up, nothing responds, i have to turn it off by holding the power button. I had linked this back due to it thermal throttling as in event viewer this is shown 4 times, 1 for each thread (The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.) 

So I went into the bios and disabled the turbo to help control the temperature, it worked for a little bit but it has happened again. This is the confusing part, Ive seen my temps hit 75 degrees (Celsius)  and it wont crash, it just crashes when the temps are in the 50 degree to 60 degrees. Which is confusing because a system will shut down when it reaches the max TDP to prevent damage. 

Why is this happening and how can I stop it, the scenarios its happened in so far are Hangouts video call, Netflix streaming and just browsing. I make sure it can breathe everytime.

And yes ive contacted support, I just want a second opinion

Are you able to control the fan speeds?

I would put the fans at 100% and then run the same programs and see if it crashes. That should remove the thermal factor out of your equation.

It's not a race to the bottom.