Pure wings 2 To replace or not.

EmoChipmonk

Im planning on getting a Dark rock pro 3 and a Dark base 800  to start rebuilding my system. The dark base pro comes with pure wings 2 fans. Should i upgrade to full silent wings 3's (or mag levitation though thats a dream build part} or just keep with the pure wings 2's (13$ a piece for buying extras)

The biggest different between the two is longevity. Stick with your PW2's unless you're itching to lighten your wallet.

If you want low noise, I wouldn't suggest swapping to ML's.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

How long do they last for compared to silent wings?

*shrug* 

Not as long?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

32 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Haha very accurate indeed :P

Pure wings 2 owner here, mine have been fine for over a year now + BeQuiet! support is 10/10 so they'll send you new ones no problem

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

24 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Pure wings 2 owner here, mine have been fine for over a year now + BeQuiet! support is 10/10 so they'll send you new ones no problem

how often do you clean them?

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

how often do you clean them?

uhh.. what would you say if I have never cleaned them. I've cleaned my dust filters out lol

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

uhh.. what would you say if I have never cleaned them. I've cleaned my dust filters out lol

then how often do you clean your filters? Im always abt with that which has ruinned the ones in the case im useing now. Main reason im starting my rebuild in a new case.

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

then how often do you clean your filters? Im always abt with that which has ruinned the ones in the case im useing now. Main reason im starting my rebuild in a new case.

Front filter I just check every so often and see if some has built off. Takes me 30 seconds to take it out and quickyl clean it and put it back in

4 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

From what I've read, the dust filters are good so you should be able to leave them alone for as long as your temps are fine. Dust shouldn't be a problem for your fans unless the filters are inadequate.

11 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

From what I've read, the dust filters are good so you should be able to leave them alone for as long as your temps are fine. Dust shouldn't be a problem for your fans unless the filters are inadequate.

ones in my case  arnt the best and because of that the fans are coated because of neglect as well. I cant take them otu which sucks hence the rebuild project