(Unofficial) LTT musicians Club!

RGProductions

Alright, this is a club for all the musicians out there. 

All rules in community standards still apply (duh)

But please keep this discussion limited to musician things PLEASE!

Have fun!

Some conversation starters are

• What instrument do you play (if any)
  • What genre do you find yourself playing most
  • Marching band or concert band
  • and other music related things!

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I'll start. I play

• Tenor sax
  • Clarinet
  • Piano
  • some trumpet

I've tried playing a while other host of things that I could never have time or money to pick up, like french horn and alto sax.

Uh, followed!

- Bagpipes

- Some Piano

- A little Viola

- Play in a bagpipe band

- Likes to play baroque music on the piano

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 hours ago, Energycore said:

Uh, followed!

- Bagpipes

- Some Piano

- A little Viola

- Play in a bagpipe band

- Likes to play baroque music on the piano

Nice!

• 5 months later...

Necrobumping for a good cause.

I am primarily a singer, but I've also been playing guitar for 12 years now, bass since 2009 and keyboards/piano since 2010. I primarily work out of my home studio and I have put out 2 releases, one while my old hair metal band was still together, called Diamond Dust, which you can find below.

https://diamonddustrocks.bandcamp.com/album/love-dont-pay-the-bills

Also my new solo album which is called Strength, can be found at

erict.bandcamp.com

I'm also the lead singer in an 80's hair metal tribute band called Hollywood Blvd here in the Tampa Bay area.

My newest project though is a band called ShinraCo which I joined about 6 months ago and we're working on our debut album, which is entitled 'Come To Grips' which will be released July 30th. I do a bit of singing in it, but its primarily for me to play guitar in.

I play Carvin/Kiesel and Charvel/Jackson guitars almost exclusively and run them through my Line 6 HD Pod Pro X.

Intersting topic (if it gets off the ground this time)

I primarily play guitar, but I'm also capable of playing bass, piano and drums. 

Apart from piano I'm self-taught on all the instruments. I really do regret not taking any music lessons when I was younger, but what can you do?

I have been know to sing live aswell. I can't sing for shit, but that has never stopped me.

I have primarily played various genres of metal and punk music, but I've dabbled in electronic music lately (mostly noise, industrial and drum'n'bass). 

And I've played live in most bands and projects I've been involved with. 

As of right now I play a Chapman ML1 Pro Modern and an Ibanez RGD guitar, often times paired with a Revv Generator 120 amp.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Intersting topic (if it gets off the ground this time)

I primarily play guitar, but I'm also capable of playing bass, piano and drums. 

Apart from piano I'm self-taught on all the instruments. I really do regretting not taking any music lessions when I was younger, but what can you do. 

I have been know to sing live aswell. I can't sing for shit, but that has never stopped me.

I have primarily played various genres of metal and punk music, but I've dabbled in electronic music lately (mostly noise, industrial and drum'n'bass). 

And I've played live in most bands and projects I've been involved with. 

Nice dude! I really would like to learn to play drums but space is always an issue. I feel I'd be pretty good at it too

2 minutes ago, EricTrujillo said:

Nice dude! I really would like to learn to play drums but space is always an issue. I feel I'd be pretty good at it too

I pretty much had to learn drums out of necessity.

There's hardly a lack of good guitarists, but good drummers are few and far between. Which is too bad, since your entire band often end up sucking if your rhythm section suck.

12 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I pretty much had to learn drums out of necessity.

There's hardly a lack of good guitarists, but good drummers are few and far between. Which is too bad, since your entire band often end up sucking if your rhythm section suck.

Either that, or become a bass player, which is what I did. The rhythm section has to be on point, otherwise its just awful.

hmm cool thread, I play the bass, self taught I'm not very good tho and I haven't played in a while. I am trying to get back to play again. mine is a OLD yamaha bass that is at least 40 years old with the original strings on it :D

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

2 hours ago, EricTrujillo said:

Either that, or become a bass player, which is what I did.

Also, yes.

Although, good bass players also tend to be few and far between. A lot of bass players I've been into contact with tend to be on the slacking side. 

I would even count myself in that category. Whiich reminds me, I need to get new strings for my bass....

I guess Glenn Fricker does have a point afterall.

And just becuase I'm curious, what bass do you play?

2 hours ago, EricTrujillo said:

The rhythm section has to be on point, otherwise its just awful.

I actually have a funny story about that. 

There once was a small, local cover band that played bars not too far from where I live. 

Their lead singer once told me that their drummer was so awful, that they resorted to not micing up his drums when they played live.

When the drummer found out they resorted to desoldering the cartridges within the microphones themselves. All just to remove as much of him from the live mix.

Unfortunatly, the drummer was pretty much the leader of the band and all the equipment was apperently his, so throwing him out of the band wasn't an option. 

There's also this. The drummer seems to always be 1/2 a beat behind the rest of the band. 

I wonder how a sound engineer heard this and though: "yep, that's fucking great". 

How stuff like that happens with a major commercial release is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

Also, yes.

Although, good bass players also tend to be few and far between. A lot of bass players I've been into contact with tend to be on the slacking side. 

I would even count myself in that category. Whiich reminds me, I need to get new strings for my bass....

I guess Glenn Fricker does have a point afterall.

And just becuase I'm curious, what bass do you play?

I actually have a funny story about that. 

There once was a small, local cover band that played bars not too far from where I live. 

Their lead singer once told me that their drummer was so awful, that they resorted to not micing up his drums when they played live.

When the drummer found out they resorted to desoldering the cartridges within the microphones themselves. All just to remove as much of him from the live mix.

Unfortunatly, the drummer was pretty much the leader of the band and all the equipment was apperently his, so throwing him out of the band wasn't an option. 

There's also this. The drummer seems to always be 1/2 a beat behind the rest of the band. 

I wonder how a sound engineer heard this and though: "yep, that's fucking great". 

How stuff like that happens with a major commercial release is beyond me.

I have a Jackson JS2 Concert Bass in quicksilver, and a very beat up Kramer bass, which I don't even know the model of. The Jackson is pretty awesome, the Kramer used to be great, but now its garbage. Its the bass on the Diamond Dust record, the Jackson was used on my solo album and it sounds huge even with the stock pickups.

Since the creation of this thread I took the drums lol

Currently on a lease set. The snare is a converted air tom because #DIY

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Can we use this to link amazing solos?

Spoiler

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Volbet said:

As of right now I play a Chapman ML1 Pro Modern and an Ibanez RGD guitar, often times paired with a Revv Generator 120 amp.

Lucky man. The ML1 pro is probably the prettiest guitar I've yet to see. 

As for myself, I'm really still a novice. I picked up acoustic in January and have been really enjoying it so far. I have a teacher, hut I've been somewhat self taught as I get lessons infrequently. 

- snip-

I play the guitar on an old (but wonderful) Martin D15 acoustic, and electric Fender Squire (cheap version of a Strat).

Blues, Jazz, and some old rock.

Most recently I bought an Akai mini-midi controller with a compact keyboard, drum pads, etc. Having an absolute blast with it xD,

http://prntscr.com/fwgwif

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

11 hours ago, Energycore said:

Can we use this to link amazing solos?

Reveal hidden contents

I have no problem with that haha.

23 hours ago, EricTrujillo said:

I have a Jackson JS2 Concert Bass in quicksilver, and a very beat up Kramer bass, which I don't even know the model of. The Jackson is pretty awesome, the Kramer used to be great, but now its garbage. Its the bass on the Diamond Dust record, the Jackson was used on my solo album and it sounds huge even with the stock pickups.

Nice. I don't really have any experience with Jackson's bass lineup. Maybe I should give them a try.

Personally, I use an older Rickenbacker 4004L. It sounds really good, but it's somewhat tricky to work into a live mix.

15 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Lucky man. The ML1 pro is probably the prettiest guitar I've yet to see.

It sounds great aswell.

The clean sound is great and it distorts really well. Especially with a good quality tube amp.

39 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Nice. I don't really have any experience with Jackson's bass lineup. Maybe I should give them a try.

Personally, I use an older Rickenbacker 4004L. It sounds really good, but it's somewhat tricky to work into a live mix.

It sounds great aswell.

The clean sound is great and it distorts really well. Especially with a good quality tube amp.

Jackson basses are a little less common than their guitars but they're pretty fantastic. Hell their JS series of 5 string bases is really good for the price.

Just recently started to play electric guitar again. I took lessons as a little kid but I was forced to practice and kind of hated it so after that I put it down for a while. Getting back into it is really fun, though I was actually decent before and I regret stopping for so long because I barely remember anything. 

Currently on a Fender Squire and a crappy effects amp that I need to use the PC software for to get a clean sound... working on upgrades

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

9 hours ago, Spork829 said:

Just recently started to play electric guitar again. I took lessons as a little kid but I was forced to practice and kind of hated it so after that I put it down for a while. Getting back into it is really fun, though I was actually decent before and I regret stopping for so long because I barely remember anything. 

Currently on a Fender Squire and a crappy effects amp that I need to use the PC software for to get a clean sound... working on upgrades

Keep at it dude, I've been at it 12 years and it's still way too much fun.

Oh hai there :D

Nice to see a musicians club in LTT xD

So, I play classic guitar and bass, find myself playing mostly rock (Muse, Nirvana and all that).

I am part of a concert band. We don't perform that often, and the band is composed by guitars only...

Started playing classic guitar when I turned 8. Almost 10 years later, here I am, and I still feel like I don't know shit xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"