Whats the money is no object, best air cpu cooler?

atavax
5 minutes ago, atavax said:

only realistic limitation is my case only supports up to 190mm.

What case? What CPU?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Noctua NH D15 is only 160mm max

Also Be Quite! Dark Rock Pro 3

3 minutes ago, atavax said:

Lian Li's PC-V33B

Supports 240mm radiators, so get a 240mm radiator, possibly a master liquid 240m whatever, you'd get the best cooling that way

v33-03.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Noctua NH D15 is only 160mm max

Also Be Quite! Dark Rock Pro 3

I agree Noctua's are powerful but the colors are pretty ehh

IM BACK BABY

Just now, kurtstir said:

Then Dark Rock Pro 3. They all black

2 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Deepcool Assassin II (mostly a copy, red and silver)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Dark Rock Pro 3

this^^

very good performance, low noise and very asthetically pleasing (did i spell it right? o.O )

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, 19_blackie_73 said:

this^^

very good performance, low noise and very asthetically pleasing (did i spell it right? o.O )

Aesthetically

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Supports 240mm radiators, so get a 240mm radiator, possibly a master liquid 240m whatever, you'd get the best cooling that way

v33-03.png

am definitely thinking about an all in one as well. But figured i want to know the best air cooler options as well. Also, the impression i've gotten is that all in ones tend to be louder then the premium air coolers.

2 minutes ago, atavax said:

Also, the impression i've gotten is that all in ones tend to be louder then the premium air coolers.

That is correct

fan_noise100.gif

13 minutes ago, atavax said:

am definitely thinking about an all in one as well. But figured i want to know the best air cooler options as well. Also, the impression i've gotten is that all in ones tend to be louder then the premium air coolers.

Not exactly, all that matters is the fans on your cooler, water coolers have a pump, but that's generally not loud as well

also biggest the fans, slower they can spin to move the same amount of air, less noise from that if I'm not mistaken

Spoiler

cryorig seems to come out on top in benchmarks for air cooling

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

10 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Aesthetically

well ok :D almost got it, isn't my native language ;) 

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Best in what sense? 

What cpu are you cooling?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

56 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Not exactly, all that matters is the fans on your cooler, water coolers have a pump, but that's generally not loud as well

also biggest the fans, slower they can spin to move the same amount of air, less noise from that if I'm not mistaken

So with my case, a radiator would have no larger than 2 120mm fans. Plus there would be the pump noise. If I got a premium air cooler it would be 2 larger fans and no pump noise.

53 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Best in what sense? 

What cpu are you cooling?

Cooling then reliability then noise. Another reason I'm leaning towards not an all in one is potentially more parts to fail. 

As for CPU, idk yet, going to wait for Zen to shake things up. Probably either a Zen or an i7.

3 minutes ago, atavax said:

Cooling then reliability then noise. Another reason I'm leaning towards not an all in one is potentially more parts to fail. 

As for CPU, idk yet, going to wait for Zen to shake things up. Probably either a Zen or an i7.

Do you already have the case? if you're waiting to buy you'll probably find another case by that time

Spoiler

1 minute ago, atavax said:

If you could get your hands on a Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme, that would probably be the best in performance. Whether you want more performance with moderate noise or moderate performance with minimal noise would determine the fans. 

If maximum cooling is the first priority with no regards to cost, liquid cooling would be the answer.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Do you already have the case? if you're waiting to buy you'll probably find another case by that time

Yes, I have a computer with that case already, will be replacing 6 year old CPU, Mobo, ram, and CPU cooler.

30 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you could get your hands on a Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme, that would probably be the best in performance. Whether you want more performance with moderate noise or moderate performance with minimal noise would determine the fans. 

If maximum cooling is the first priority with no regards to cost, liquid cooling would be the answer.

What fans would you recommend for either scenario? 

The problem with water cooling is the installation outside of all in one's and all in one's really don't seem to perform better than air.

Just now, atavax said:

What fans would you recommend for either scenario? 

The problem with water cooling is the installation outside of all in one's and all in one's really don't seem to perform better than air.

For high performance, Gentle Typhoons would probably be the answer. For as low noise as possible: NF-S12A's. The middle of the road would be 140mm's like NF-A15's or SW3's.