Which graphics card is better?

unseenblade

So here's my build list and everything is all ordered and in my house. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MzPsvV

Here's the GPU I got (I paid the newegg price and after I bought this amazon decided to drop the price to 380 sigh): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133632&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

This other graphics card with the same price I paid for: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-08G-P4-6173-KR/dp/B01GX5YWAO/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1484063747&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+1070#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

Which one is better? I want to play games over 60 fps with the MAXIMUM setting possible on a 1080p monitor.
Like i just want the minimum FPS to be at least 60. But I do want to play my games at 100+

I don't know much about parts but if one of them is better please explain what makes it better.

They will do equally good.

They're both 1070's, performance wise they'll be basically identical when running at the same clock/memory speeds.

I personally prefer the style of the EVGA cards so i'd return the other one and get that instead.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

the PNY can perform a slight bit better, as its boost clock is slightly higher, but the difference will be unnoticeable

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

They will do equally good.

thanks. ill keep the current one  then. i was planning to return it and order it from amazon since amazon lowered the price as soon as i bought it from newegg my luck eh? but too much hassle

1 minute ago, Epiclol86 said:

the PNY can perform a slight bit better, as its boost clock is slightly higher, but the difference will be unnoticeable

With GPU Boost 3.0 that won't even matter :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

They're both 1070's, performance wise they'll be basically identical when running at the same clock/memory speeds.

I personally prefer the style of the EVGA cards so i'd return the other one and get that instead.

I honestly don't care about looks so that doesn't bother me :P

I'd be more inclined to go with the PNY 1070.. Giving the issues EVGA were having with there VRMS n stuff (10% chance you could have to RMA)  Plus the PNY has slightly better clock speed base and boost.  The PNY has x3 fans too which "Could... Could" be quiter and better at cooling IMO I don't know I don't own either of these cards.  I do have a GTX 1080 and that has 3 fans and it's super silent so I based on those few things I'd go with PNY.  

I doubt you'd notice a difference in performance at all giving temps we're equal, but that is down to the cooling after all.

So really it is down to you and the colour scheme you're running with and brand pref to make your build look sexy.

If my posts help out, let me know on the feedback buttons.

Parts: Ryzen 5 1600X / GTX 1080 / 16Gb Vengeance LPX / RGB Stuff....

Full Specs here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LcdZVY - OR click my profile pic

1 minute ago, Danny_UK said:

I'd be more inclined to go with the PNY 1070.. Giving the issues EVGA were having with there VRMS n stuff (10% chance you could have to RMA)  Plus the PNY has slightly better clock speed base and boost.  The PNY has x3 fans too which "Could... Could" be quiter and better at cooling IMO I don't know I don't own either of these cards.  I do have a GTX 1080 and that has 3 fans and it's super silent so I based on those few things I'd go with PNY.  

I doubt you'd notice a difference in performance at all giving temps we're equal, but that is down to the cooling after all.

So really it is down to you and the colour scheme you're running with and brand pref to make your build look sexy.

The VRM heat issue has been fixed completely

13 minutes ago, unseenblade said:

So here's my build list and everything is all ordered and in my house. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MzPsvV

Here's the GPU I got (I paid the newegg price and after I bought this amazon decided to drop the price to 380 sigh): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133632&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

This other graphics card with the same price I paid for: https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-08G-P4-6173-KR/dp/B01GX5YWAO/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1484063747&sr=1-2&keywords=gtx+1070#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

Which one is better? I want to play games over 60 fps with the MAXIMUM setting possible on a 1080p monitor.
Like i just want the minimum FPS to be at least 60. But I do want to play my games at 100+

I don't know much about parts but if one of them is better please explain what makes it better.

Both will be within 2-3% performance of eachother depending on their clocks. It is the same gpu after all.

I'd check reviews and see what gets better reviews.
I'd personally go with EVGA but I've a friend with a very reliable PNY GTX 970 so wouldn't go wrong

24 minutes ago, unseenblade said:

snip

I think you'll be just as satisfied with the PNY card.  The performance gain, if any, isn't worth the hassle of returning one and buying another imo