[Rumour] 1080ti Possible Pax East Release

iRileyx

PC enthusiasts were very disappointed when at Nvidia's presence at CES 2017, especially when they failed to launch any new desktop GPUs at their keynote event/livestream.  

Yes, Nvidia did launch a new Nvidia Shield, a livestreamed PC gaming service and a lot of new information on their expansion into the self-driving car market, but PC gamers craved new hardware and PC gamers already knew that a GTX 1080Ti is planned. 

Now reports are coming in which state that Nvidia now plans to launch their GTX 1080 Ti GPU at Pax East 2017, which takes place in Boston between March 10th and 12th. 

Now this news is coming originally from wccftech so take this with a mountain of Salt, we all know how reliable they are.

Nvidia's GTX 1080 Ti will reportedly be launching with AIB card variants being available from day one. Some claim that Nvidia did initially plan to launch their GTX 1080 Ti at CES, but decided to delay their release after seeing how far away AMD's Vega 10 GPU was from launch. This is to promote more sales of their GTX 1080 and Titan X GPUs for a few extra months while they remain as the uncontested performance leaders of the GPU market. 

At this rate I think we could expect to see a Vega release before the 1080ti, which will be interesting, AMD might even have the best gaming gpu for a little while.. Time can only tell.

Source - https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/nvidia_s_gtx_1080_ti_will_reportedly_launch_at_pax_east/1

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, lots of unexplainable lag said:

"nVidia didn't launch the 1080Ti at CES! Quick, what's the next big computing event?" "That'd be PAX East, sir." "Ok, Jerry, make an article that says nVidia launches the 1080Ti at PAX East!"

Came here to say something like this but you beat me to it.

Add "Rumour" and "Speculation" to the title please.

wccftech is really fucking low at this point

it's just a whirlwind of lies

idk

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

"nVidia didn't launch the 1080Ti at CES! Quick, what's the next big computing event?" "That'd be PAX East, sir." "Ok, Jerry, make an article that says nVidia launches the 1080Ti at PAX East!"

Few months later...

"Nvidia didn't launch 1080 Ti at PAX East"

I don't know what's after PAX east though

Until Vega shows up, Nvidia doesn't have any real reason to release the 1080 Ti. The ball has been in AMD's court for nearly a year now...

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Few months later...

"nVidia didn't launch the 1080Ti at PAX East! Quick, what's the next big computing event?" "That'd be Computex, sir." "Ok, Jerry, make an article that says nVidia launches the 1080Ti at Computex!"

changes in bold

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

"nVidia didn't launch the 1080Ti at PAX East! Quick, what's the next big computing event?" "That'd be Computex, sir." "Ok, Jerry, make an article that says nVidia launches the 1080Ti at Computex!"

changes in bold

Next article: 1080 Ti has been canceled

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Next article: 1080 Ti has been canceled

nVidia skips 1080Ti , sources indicates GTX 1180 inbound.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

15 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Few months later...

Computex in June.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Website Creating Crap Fiction.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Nvidia have no reason to release the Ti  right now, i am 100% confident that the Ti will be released after Vega, if vega takes a year to be released so will the Ti.

nvidia have 1080 and TitanP to milk away.

32 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Came here to say something like this but you beat me to it.

Member when the new Titan X launched at some tiny event, with no fan fair at all? Might happen again. 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Indeed, NVIDIA would be stupid to release to 1080 Ti right now. They already hold the high end market. They have a product that performs similarly to how the 1080 Ti will (Titan XP), that nets them more profit per card sold. They won't drop the Ti until they get wind of AMD's Vega release dates, which are rumoured to be Summer 2017.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1080 will continue to reign as the superior GPU until VEGA is announced; that is when 1080ti will drop.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

6 hours ago, Droidbot said:

wccftech is really fucking low at this point

it's just a whirlwind of lies

As opposed to the thousands of other things they've said previously :)

I think that there is not really a big need of the Ti whatsoever, they hold the high end market, unless there are some unknown specs of the Vega cards,

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

6 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Few months later...

Pax west ofc

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

11 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

As opposed to the thousands of other things they've said previously :)

You know, there is a saying in my country that roughly translates to:

"Even a blind chicken will eventually hit a grain" (which sounds way better in my language but nvm that), which I think is how they usually do news. Just launch a rumor and who knows, they might get lucky. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

You know, there is a saying in my country that roughly translates to:

"Even a blind chicken will eventually hit a grain" (which sounds way better in my language but nvm that), which I think is how they usually do news. Just launch a rumor and who knows, they might get lucky. 

In America we say: if you throw enough shit at the wall some is bound to stick.

Least I do anyways.

Keemstar released even more news! 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

nVidia skips 1080Ti , sources indicates GTX 1180 inbound.

They didn't: remember they already released the Titan X Pee and no it can no longer be called a "workstation" or in between product without ecc or double precision. 

From now on the ti version will only be released if and when AMD approaches or beats their "peasant" vanilla x80 tier. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm more excited to see if any AMD Vega skews go head to head price point wise with the GTX 1070. Would love nothing more than a full out bang for your buck war to drive some innovation that I could afford! Not that I would complain if I was given a few Titans XPs, I just really don't see that happening for whatever reason.

CPU:  I7-6700K | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE | MOBO:  ASUS Z170-PRO | RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400 Ballistix Sport LT | GPU: GTX 1070 ASUS DUAL | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+Gold | Boot: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | Storage: 3TB Toshiba P300 7200rpm | Case: NZXT H440 White | Display: ASUS PB328Q 32” 2560X1440 | Keyboard: G610 Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G502 Proteus Spectrum | OS: Windows 10 Pro

PC PART PICKER: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pNP8xY

A non-Titan GP102 card doesn't make a whole lot of sense in March since AMD sounds like they're not releasing Vega until the end of 1H 2017. GP104 is likely a lot cheaper to produce than GP102 due to the smaller die size and it's the king of the hill by far among consumer level chips, so what's the point of selling the bigger and more expensive to produce die at a discount and kneecapping the 1080 prices? Unless they produced a lot more GP102 chips than they could sell for $1200 in Titan X in anticipation of an early Vega launch, then a GP102 card at say $750 or so might make sense.