PCIE 2.0 MOBO PCIE 3.0 CARD help

bomberblyat

so do these work ?

MSI Radeon RX 460 2GB Video Card

Asus M5A78L-MLX3

AMD FX 4300 QUAD CORE CPU 3.8GHZ 

It is backwards compatible. You're fine.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

2 hours ago, Crossbred said:

It is backwards compatible. You're fine.

what means that backwards compatible, thanks :) and if you have better gpu to recommend to my build i got 475w psu (under 150euros i think its 170dollars idk xD feel free to tell me) 

I have a GTX 970 and it performed exactly the same on my PCIE-2.0x16 H81 board as it does on my PCIE-3.0x16 Z97 one. When I say exactly I don't mean "derp I can't anecdotally tell the difference playing Fallout", I mean Firestrike couldn't tell the difference. Unigine Valley couldn't tell the difference. Unigine Heaven couldn't tell the difference. The scores were the same.

49 minutes ago, bomberblyat said:

what means that backwards compatible, thanks :) and if you have better gpu to recommend to my build i got 475w psu (under 150euros i think its 170dollars idk xD feel free to tell me) 

You might look at the GTX 1050 Ti and see if you can squeeze that into your budget. If not the RX 460 is pretty good for the money.

19 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You might look at the GTX 1050 Ti and see if you can squeeze that into your budget. If not the RX 460 is pretty good for the money.

thanks for the answer i may go for that 1050 Ti :)