Socket T (lga 775) upgrade pentium e5200

I bought this desktop from a thrift store, a Del Inspiron 530 for $13 runs perfectly, it even came with a graphics card. I decided to slide in a wireless network card and an ATi Radeon HD 5570(originally an ATI Radeon HD 5450) I had laying around. It has a 3GB ddr2 (going to upgrade to 6GB), Dell 0RY007 LGA 775 motherboard P35/G33/G31 chipset, and a Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.5GHz 45nm.

So what I'm wondering is what's the best CPU I can slot in this thing so I can play games (tf2, CS-GO, Minecraft and other games like those). Sources tell me conflicting information and other motherboards allow different things I hear. From what I hear quad core is out the window (Open the door to let it back in if possible on this motherboard)

I need something at least better than a Core 2 Duo E6600 (I would appreciate marginally better!) I hear the Core 2 Duo E6600 is good.

Anyways thank you in advance for any replies

~Nathan

20 minutes ago, KaleFox said:

I bought this desktop from a thrift store, a Del Inspiron 530 for $13 runs perfectly, it even came with a graphics card. I decided to slide in a wireless network card and an ATi Radeon HD 5570(originally an ATI Radeon HD 5450) I had laying around. It has a 3GB ddr2 (going to upgrade to 6GB), Dell 0RY007 LGA 775 motherboard P35/G33/G31 chipset, and a Intel Pentium E5200 @ 2.5GHz 45nm.

So what I'm wondering is what's the best CPU I can slot in this thing so I can play games (tf2, CS-GO, Minecraft and other games like those). Sources tell me conflicting information and other motherboards allow different things I hear. From what I hear quad core is out the window (Open the door to let it back in if possible on this motherboard)

I need something at least better than a Core 2 Duo E6600 (I would appreciate marginally better!) I hear the Core 2 Duo E6600 is good.

Anyways thank you in advance for any replies

~Nathan

What exact model of Dell desktop is it? Is it an Inspiron or something else?

4 hours ago, imreloadin said:

What exact model of Dell desktop is it? Is it an Inspiron or something else?

there are other models of the insipron 530, this one is the regular 530, Not the 530s or anything.

4 hours ago, KaleFox said:

there are other models of the insipron 530, this one is the regular 530, Not the 530s or anything.

Well according to the chipset it should support Core 2 Quad CPUs. I'd check out the Q8400, it goes for around $15 USD on eBay.

8 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Well according to the chipset it should support Core 2 Quad CPUs. I'd check out the Q8400, it goes for around $15 USD on eBay.

Thank you very much! I was looking for support of a Core 2 Quad, this makes the upgrade much more worth it. I will check it out, and look at the Q8400 to buy. Thank you again.

4 minutes ago, KaleFox said:

Thank you very much! I was looking for support of a Core 2 Quad, this makes the upgrade much more worth it. I will check it out, and look at the Q8400 to buy. Thank you again.

That dell should have a service tag. Go to dell support and type in that tag. It will give you more info on your system.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list