Need help setting up minecraft server with automation

Hey Guys, 

I am going to be setting up a minecraft server on a computer I have laying around, will post specs at the bottom. I will be using windows server 2012 r2 and just want it to be a consistent lag free setup that will just stay open on its own all the time with very little input from me. I would like the server to auto restart every 6 hours, I am planning to use spigot and plugins to do that so I have that figured out. My question is on non server hardware with regular ddr4 memory will it be okay to not restart the machine often(or at all)? 

What I really want is to have the minecraft server(software) auto restart every 6 hours. And have the actual server(hardware) reboot every 24 hours without harming anything. I am not sure if the server hardware reboot is necessary though. Basically in short, me and 5-10 friends play minecraft and just want a server that will always be on, and always have our world on it, that I do not have to pay for(realms) without lag.

System:

Skylake I3 of some kind, not sure the actual cpu.
16 gbs ddr4 memory
256 gb SSD
not sure if anything else is relevant

Network:
200 mb/s down
20 mb/s up

I am also curious the bandwidth something like this would use, I have a 700 gb monthly cap and get pretty close to it every month.

Thanks in advance please let me know if you need any other info to help me. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Non-server specific hardware shouldn't play too much into anything and shouldn't care about being up non-stop. I ran some older DDR2 and DDR3 memory a while back for about a year or more without a reboot on a linux box. As for bandwidth what I've been able to gather is that the server uses on average 0.1GB/hr/user so if you have 5 other people outside the network hitting it for 5hours/day 7days/week then in a month you'll use around 70GB (if my math was right)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, Lurick said:

Non-server specific hardware shouldn't play too much into anything and shouldn't care about being up non-stop. I ran some older DDR2 and DDR3 memory a while back for about a year or more without a reboot on a linux box. As for bandwidth what I've been able to gather is that the server uses on average 0.1GB/hr/user so if you have 5 other people outside the network hitting it for 5hours/day 7days/week then in a month you'll use around 70GB (if my math was right)

Sorry for delayed response my notifications weren't working, thanks for the advice I appreciate it! We have the server up and running now with no issues, as you said :)

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.