Master Box 5 air flow problem!

Vishvas Sudarshan

I have a Master Box 5 (White), the case looks cool, easy to build a PC in it, cable management etc.......

But the front of the case is SOLID PLASTIC! With small holes in the sides of the panel. 

I don't think this is enough to provide adequate air flow.

Since there is a gap between the fan and the panel, the included 120mm fan is just sucking air from within the case. 

I thought of replacing the panel with a mesh from CM would do. But they are out of stock! Please let of know of any possible solution! 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I thought of replacing the panel with a mesh from CM would do. But they are out of stock! Please let of know of any possible solution! 

wait? I doubt ur PC will catch fire in that time.

11 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

wait? I doubt ur PC will catch fire in that time.

Idle temps at 45. And when under load it's around 70-75.

I could just run the rear exhaust fan at 100% but I want to have a slightly positive air pressure to prevent dust from entering. 

Edit: Room temp: 27

So what's the problem? Idle temp is a bit high (if you can even call it that) but nothing to worry about. The case is build to work that way. Everything is as it should be.

Maybe add another fan in the front if you are too worried?

2 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

So what's the problem? Idle temp is a bit high (if you can even call it that) but nothing to worry about. The case is build to work that way. Everything is as it should be.

Maybe add another fan in the front if you are too worried?

Is is better to add a static pressure fan? 

5 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Is is better to add a static pressure fan? 

if you ask me all that static pressure or normal pressure nonsense makes literally no difference at all. It's just something bored enthusiasts come up with to have something to talk about. (and I'm sure one will show up now and link something that proofs that this fan is way better than this other fan when it comes to pressure.... gnaaahhhh, I'm bored allready). just get a decent enough fan from a respektable brand that isn't too loud. Job done.

46 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

if you ask me all that static pressure or normal pressure nonsense makes literally no difference at all. It's just something bored enthusiasts come up with to have something to talk about. (and I'm sure one will show up now and link something that proofs that this fan is way better than this other fan when it comes to pressure.... gnaaahhhh, I'm bored allready). just get a decent enough fan from a respektable brand that isn't too loud. Job done.

Proves*

3 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

My excuse is that I'm not a native speaker. :-)

Ah my bad

Look at your temps instead of relying on your intuition for whether there's enough airflow or not.

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Look at your temps instead of relying on your intuition for whether there's enough airflow or not.

What are your specs?

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/LjBpzM

i5-6500 (Under Load- 64°C, Idle- 41°C)

GTX1060 (Under Load- 70°C, Idle- 45°C)

System temp (Under load- 48°C, Idle- 40°C ) --- According to MSI Software

4 hours ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/LjBpzM

i5-6500 (Under Load- 64°C, Idle- 41°C)

GTX1060 (Under Load- 70°C, Idle- 45°C)

System temp (Under load- 48°C, Idle- 40°C ) --- According to MSI Software

Your temps are perfectly fine. Don't worry about your airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.