My first pc build

1 minute ago, Mr alex said:

If you're looking for a good semi mod psu I would recommend the cx550m or maybe even a more wattage cxm 

It should costs more.

3 minutes ago, Mr alex said:

If you're looking for a good semi mod psu I would recommend the cx550m or maybe even a more wattage cxm 

Those are fairly expensive in Romania. The S12ii series, however, is a bargain.

@Aereldor I saw that there are some promotions and I'm thinking of switching some parts up.

Do you think it's better if i switch the Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 iChill X3 8GB DDR5X 256-bit with the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 GAMING 8GB DDR5 256-bit? I save up to 1000RON, wich is arround 250$. Also now I saw that you didn't add RAM on the list, is the HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit any good? (there's a promotion on it too, i save up ~40$)

later edit: i did some research on that powersource, even if it's not that popular i see only good reviews and i see it that you guys situated it in the Tier 1 psu. So yea, thank you for pointing out for me, it fits the budget perfectly. I would not have consider it otherwise

11 hours ago, theschmidt said:

@Aereldor I saw that there are some promotions and I'm thinking of switching some parts up.

Do you think it's better if i switch the Inno3D GeForce GTX 1080 iChill X3 8GB DDR5X 256-bit with the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 G1 GAMING 8GB DDR5 256-bit? I save up to 1000RON, wich is arround 250$. Also now I saw that you didn't add RAM on the list, is the HyperX Predator Black 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Dual Channel Kit any good? (there's a promotion on it too, i save up ~40$)

later edit: i did some research on that powersource, even if it's not that popular i see only good reviews and i see it that you guys situated it in the Tier 1 psu. So yea, thank you for pointing out for me, it fits the budget perfectly. I would not have consider it otherwise

It's Tier 3, but it's awesome. The SeaSonic S12ii series offer the best quality at their price point, unless you can find Super Flower Golden Green HX power supplies for that cheap. 

Yes, you should switch out the 1080 for the 1070. It's much better value. I remember adding RAM, but it probably got deleted. Sure, any 2x8GB kit should do fine. Just get the cheapest you can find. If the HyperX Predator 3000MHz kit you mentioned is cheap, get it.

50 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's Tier 3, but it's awesome. The SeaSonic S12ii series offer the best quality at their price point, unless you can find Super Flower Golden Green HX power supplies for that cheap. 

Yes, you should switch out the 1080 for the 1070. It's much better value. I remember adding RAM, but it probably got deleted. Sure, any 2x8GB kit should do fine. Just get the cheapest you can find. If the HyperX Predator 3000MHz kit you mentioned is cheap, get it.

I can vouch for this - I own a S12II psu. it's amazingly good, quietest part in my system to the point where the 10cm fan on my desk is louder. 

idk

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

I can vouch for this - I own a S12II psu. it's amazingly good, quietest part in my system to the point where the 10cm fan on my desk is louder. 

I've got the cheaper 'Asian Market' variant of the S12ii 430- the ECO 430. It's also the quietest part of my build with moving parts. In fact, I have all the fans running real slow, and the GPU's fans are off at idle. My computer is in my acoustically treated, near-soundproof studio, so my hard drive seems really loud because of how quiet everything else is. 

49 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I've got the cheaper 'Asian Market' variant of the S12ii 430- the ECO 430. It's also the quietest part of my build with moving parts. In fact, I have all the fans running real slow, and the GPU's fans are off at idle. My computer is in my acoustically treated, near-soundproof studio, so my hard drive seems really loud because of how quiet everything else is. 

Can't argue with that - just get a good cheap SSD and the only thing you'll be hearing is yourself

idk

@Droidbot @Aereldor what's the deal with cheap ssd? I read in many places that people recommend a cheap ssds, but i can't actually understand why people leave out brands like intel, kingston or samsung. Even on the website from where i buy my parts, the second most bought is ADATA Premier Pro SP550 240gb. Regarding ssds, the popular and trustworthy brands don't actually mean better parts?

5 minutes ago, theschmidt said:

@Droidbot @Aereldor what's the deal with cheap ssd? I read in many places that people recommend a cheap ssds, but i can't actually understand why people leave out brands like intel, kingston or samsung. Even on the website from where i buy my parts, the second most bought is ADATA Premier Pro SP550 240gb. Regarding ssds, the popular and trustworthy brands don't actually mean better parts?

Kingston has made some shitty SSDs. They pulled a pretty serious bait-and-switch move with their V300 series, and because of that, they're not trusted anymore. Intel's consumer 2.5" SSDs are expensive and not very fast. The ADATA Premier Pro SP550 is a great SSD, and it's very competitively priced.

Samsung makes some very fast SSDs, but the benefit of those speeds isn't really noticeable in everyday use, so they aren't worth the extra cost. For me, price per GB is the deciding factor. On principle, I avoid TLC SSDs because they don't last long. MLC is preferable, as it lasts much longer. That's why I made sure to get a cheap, fast, and reliable MLC SSD like the Sandisk SSD PLUS to incorporate into the parts list I made for you.

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Kingston has made some shitty SSDs. They pulled a pretty serious bait-and-switch move with their V300 series, and because of that, they're not trusted anymore. Intel's consumer 2.5" SSDs are expensive and not very fast. The ADATA Premier Pro SP550 is a great SSD, and it's very competitively priced.

Samsung makes some very fast SSDs, but the benefit of those speeds isn't really noticeable in everyday use, so they aren't worth the extra cost. For me, price per GB is the deciding factor. On principle, I avoid TLC SSDs because they don't last long. MLC is preferable, as it lasts much longer. That's why I made sure to get a cheap, fast, and reliable MLC SSD like the Sandisk SSD PLUS to incorporate into the parts list I made for you.

Great. Got it!

15 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Can't argue with that - just get a good cheap SSD and the only thing you'll be hearing is yourself

My system runs pretty well on an HDD. I'll get an SSD if I see one for a really good price. Recently, there was a 750GB MX300 going for about $110 on Amazon during Black Friday, so I'm guessing there'll be better deals in future sales. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is done, the beast was born!

Everything went well and it was a great experience. I was almost surreal, it took me almost 5h with the windows installation to get things done. The most difficult things were to put in the RAM (i know, but no matter how hard i pushed them they still didn't want to click, and i was afraid not to break anything. it worked in the end), placing the motherboard on the case and arranging the psu cables. 

I am verry happy of the build and the components and I would like to thank you all for your help, you guys shifted my own build in the right direction. And for that, I am gratefull. I will write this post in both of the posts I made regarding this build and tag you, because I don't want to miss anybody. Thank you  @Mr alex , @deXxterlab97 , @Energycore and @Droidbot 

Here are some photos;

Have a great day and see you arround!

16231491_1607223065961678_313107509_o.jpg

16295793_1607223049295013_906745837_n.jpg

16326876_1607223059295012_166563785_o.jpg

10 hours ago, theschmidt said:

It is done, the beast was born!

Everything went well and it was a great experience. I was almost surreal, it took me almost 5h with the windows installation to get things done. The most difficult things were to put in the RAM (i know, but no matter how hard i pushed them they still didn't want to click, and i was afraid not to break anything. it worked in the end), placing the motherboard on the case and arranging the psu cables. 

I am verry happy of the build and the components and I would like to thank you all for your help, you guys shifted my own build in the right direction. And for that, I am gratefull. I will write this post in both of the posts I made regarding this build and tag you, because I don't want to miss anybody. Thank you  @Mr alex , @deXxterlab97 , @Energycore and @Droidbot 

Here are some photos;

Have a great day and see you arround!

16231491_1607223065961678_313107509_o.jpg

16295793_1607223049295013_906745837_n.jpg

16326876_1607223059295012_166563785_o.jpg

What are the final specs? Just curious ?

8 hours ago, Mr alex said:

What are the final specs? Just curious ?

Case: NZXT S340 Razer Edition; Motherboard: Asus Z170-A; Video Card: Gigabite G1 1070 8GB 256bit; CPU: Intel i7 6700k 4mhz; Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X; Samsung EVO 750 120GB SSD and WesternDigital 1TB 7200rpm HDDPSU: Seasonic S12II 620w; RAM: HyperX DDR4 18GB 3000mhz/15cl and Windows 10 Home edition :D It did pass my initial budget a bit, but not alot. Converted into dolars, it costed me arround 1680$. (all the pieces we're bought in Romania)