MetallicAcid's Fractal Effect 304

MetallicAcid

Hey, man! Loving this Build Lod :D

Thanks Norways. Is it easy to navigate with the table of contents?

Looks awesome :D

Cheers Balloon. The PSU shroud turned out better than expected :D

This is sick :) Good Work"

Thanks lain! It's almost finished… I have just 2 more weeks to have it 100% completed before I go overseas for a month! ;)

MA

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Thanks biggs! I wonder if the others at dR know about my mods..

MA

I don't think so but i can post it on the forums if u want me too xD

Nah that's OK, I might post it up myself one day when I have some free time ;)

MA

Metallic, please stop this now, I swear to god this build log will be the end of me, so much-love-for-this-I-I-I think i can see a light. I am going into the-the-the light.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Thanks Norways. Is it easy to navigate with the table of contents?

Yes ;)

Metallic, please stop this now, I swear to god this build log will be the end of me, so much-love-for-this-I-I-I think i can see a light. I am going into the-the-the light.

NOOOO, DON'T DIEEEEE! 

Yes ;)

Great stuff. Any tips for improvement?

MA

NOOOO, DON'T DIEEEEE! 

To Late,

http://gyazo.com/f0c6dc68e527cd5f66008bdff7cff76f

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

:o you're talking to me from the other side!

;)

MA

...eh yeah... sure, think of this as a paranormal acount from now own. I mean o-o-o-o-o-oh I-I-I'm a Go-o-o-hst :)

Update 17

Put on your armour soldier - We're going to battle!

Hello guys and girls of modding :D

Firstly I would like to send a massive thank you to Levik, who goes by the name baguette_2 on the sweclockers forum. Levik has kindly offered his services to this project, and is helping me with the cutting of the plexiglass window. 

rMi983Y_zpsfaed78eb.png

I would like to update you all on the completed "armour", which is the top and side sections of the Fractal Design Node 304. With this panel I have created the armour plates from aluminium and painted them white. I then painted the top of the panel dark grey, and the side with 2 black strips and a big red stripe in the middle.

Here you can see the end result:

DSC04237_zps13e0a66d.jpg

DSC04234_zps0fa6a841.jpg

DSC04233_zps0004a5e1.jpg

DSC04232_zps56d71183.jpg

Things finished since last update:

Painting the top of the case with grey, black and red.

Attach aluminium armour to top of case.

Take photos of armour.

Plexiglass window design is completed, and has been sent off to Levik (Baguette_2) for cutting.

Created LED lighting for plexiglass window.

In process of doing:

Cutting Plexiglass window.

Installing plexiglass LED lighting.

Things left to do:

Install plexiglass window.

Final photoshoot.

This build is almost at its end people. The window is the final touch... The crowning jewel if you will! I am hoping for the window to arrive on Friday, or even latest on Monday the 23rd. The final photoshoot will happen before Christmas Eve, and I will be borrowing some professional lighting equipment from my work. I hope they turn out great :)

That's it for tonight people. I hope you have enjoyed reading as much I have enjoyed posting!

MetallicAcid

Sexy...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Ow, god.. that looks real slick. Do want! ^^

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I am very happy that you all like it, as I am very pleased with how it turned out :)

MA

Your friend Henrik better appreciate this small peice of heaven, otherwise I will most likely cry :'(

He is already over the moon. I just hope I get the window part in before xmas, otherwise I will be overseas almost all of January, and the final photos won't happen until I am back and settled..

MA

He is already over the moon. I just hope I get the window part in before xmas, otherwise I will be overseas almost all of January, and the final photos won't happen until I am back and settled..

MA

Aw, best of luck to you then are you heading down to Australia in January?

Update 18

The badge of honour.

G'day everybody!!

This little update is just to put a little personal touch to the armour which I think it deserves. Unfortunately I don't have much more to update on other than I am still waiting on the window, which is on its way back to me from baguette_2 on sweclockers as we speak. Let's just hope that it does not get caught up in the christmas chaos and comes late, otherwise the final photos will be finished in the 4th week of January :(

Anyways, here are a couple of photos of the logo :)

DSC04256_zps1a9b5dcb.jpg

DSC04250_zps5fb449cc.jpg

DSC04254_zps05bf17fe.jpg

DSC04249_zpsc424773d.jpg

Things finished since last update:

Installed plexiglass LED lighting.

Cut, painted and glued the "N7" logo.

In process of doing:

Waiting for delivery of plexiglass window.

Things left to do:

Install plexiglass window.

Final photoshoot.

If I do not update before Christmas, I wish everyone of you the best day you possibly could have!

Best regards,

Justin/MetallicAcid