MetallicAcid's Fractal Effect 304

MetallicAcid

Amazing, been keeping up with it thinking of what I could say and I just think it is amazing it is so much more but nothing less.

Thanks for sharing this build, Golden

Hah! Mine looks a hundred times better...  Definitely not! This build looks absolutely amazing so far, and I can't wait to see it finished.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

umm so can i has?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Thanks guys for reading, and comments! :)

As a mini text update, I have made alot of progress as I was free from work and my wife and daughter had went out for the day to meet a friend. I was able to sleeve the SATA data, make two SATA power cables (one for H80i and other for SSD) installed the SSD, installed the H80i, created custom cable and connector for LEDs and installed the LEDs. Then I took a couple of photos which will be posted up soon! :D

Stay tuned!

MA

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Thanks guys for reading, and comments! :)

As a mini text update, I have made alot of progress as I was free from work and my wife and daughter had went out for the day to meet a friend. I was able to sleeve the SATA data, make two SATA power cables (one for H80i and other for SSD) installed the SSD, installed the H80i, created custom cable and connector for LEDs and installed the LEDs. Then I took a couple of photos which will be posted up soon! :D

Stay tuned!

MA

Excitement overload, someone get me a double whiskey and some paracetamol to deal with this!

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Excitement overload, someone get me a double whiskey and some paracetamol to deal with this!

I would also love a whisky ;)

What do you take pictures with? And edit in lightroom or photoshop? 

I am using a Sony NEX-5N with the standard lens, and edit the white balance in Lightroom :)

MA

Update 15

Cool thrills, and Speed kills! (H80i and SSD installed)

Hello hello!!! Once again, I thank you all for an overwhelming response to my last update, and to the build log overall! :)

In this update I would like to present the installation of the Corsair H80i, and the Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD. The installation wasn't the ordinary installation of these 2 items... I ended up creating custom length SATA power cables for both the H80i and SSD, and of course had them sleeved to match the colour theme of the build. I was a little frustrated with the amount of cables which are required to get the H80i all connected up, and will probably stay away from the Corsair iLink series of products, and most likely choose a H90 if/when there is another build if I had to chose a closed loop cooling solution. But I got everything connected up and nice looking, so I am just glad that it is now out of the way.

In other news, I was going to drive out to my local supplier of plexiglass and pick up the orange plexiglass. I had called ahead just to announce that they could start the cuts so it was ready for me when I got to the shop (35mins drive away) but the guy just said "det är borta....." (it is gone...)!! I said "What the hell?! You know I was coming today to pick it up!". He just said that it was sold, and talked nothing more of that. He said that he had red or green if I wanted, but in a rage I just hung up on the jackarse!! 

I am now speaking with baguette_2 on sweclockers.com about possibly laser cutting something up, so we will see where this leads. I have a backup plan with using some orange wrap over clear plexiglass in an aluminium U channel with white LEDs lighting from underneath. I will not be creating a whole shroud wrapping the entire GPU, as I have a non-reference card, so it needs to be able to expel the hot air. So rather I am thinking of 2 separate plates with one being for the front, and one as a backplate. 

I have also started the painting of the top shell/panel. The black lines are first, then the red strip which runs in between those lines, then lastly the grey on top. This painting should take me around a week to complete.

The PSU shroud will be coming home on Monday, and photos due on Monday night. I wanted to make sure that the paint work was completely dry, so I left it in the server room for a couple of more days to remove any doubts I might have had.

Here is a couple of pictures on the SSD installation and the Corsair H80i installation:

DSC04197_zpsfa189af9.jpg

DSC04194_zps2c4164bb.jpg

DSC04193_zpse7b1a60f.jpg

DSC04192_zps38a66127.jpg

DSC04191_zps1cac7a51.jpg

DSC04188_zpse767ec5f.jpg

Things finished since last update:

Installed H80i.

Installed SSD

Sleeved SATA data cable.

Made two SATA power cables. One for H80i and other for SSD.

Installed front fans and routed cables.

Installed PSU shroud LEDs.

In process of doing:

Installing PSU shroud.

Installing PSU shroud LEDs.

Cable management.

Things left to do:

Paint top of case grey, and side of case red with black stripes.

Buy orange plexiglass.

Create GPU plexiglass shroud.

Attach the "armour" to the top of the Node 304.

Cable management.

Final photoshoot.

I hope you have enjoyed this update guys. I know there is alot of text, but I want to make sure you are updated with what I am up to and what I am thinking :)

Best regards,

MetallicAcid

This is so nice, good work!

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

Yet another amazing looking build Mr. Metallic :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

How will you do the management? Like where will the cable be placed? And I must say, what an arsehole...

This build man, this build is there something in the CoC about build-logs causing sweating, a high heart rate and production of Serotonin because if not there should be!

Metallic Acid you sir deserve a medal for attention to detail!

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

This is so nice, good work!

Cheers Jimmy :D

Yet another amazing looking build Mr. Metallic :)

I hope to make this PC modding into a regular thing. I might have some more client builds coming up in the near future.... ;)

How will you do the management? Like where will the cable be placed? And I must say, what an arsehole...

Well the cables are sitting already where I want them to. This is the reason why I want them shorter, so that they can arch up from the PSU to their respective connectors. I don't see any other way for them to be in such a small case. Other cables like the front panel and front fans have been routed along the floor or wall and disappear under the motherboard to come out just where they need to be plugged into.

This build man, this build is there something in the CoC about build-logs causing sweating, a high heart rate and production of Serotonin because if not there should be!

Metallic Acid you sir deserve a medal for attention to detail!

Hehe, thank you milk. I should add something in here about the build log causing heart attacks or chronic sweating! And it is all about the little things and details which make a build stand out.

I am happy you guys are liking this build. Do you have any suggestions that I can do to improve?

MA

Cheers Jimmy :D

I hope to make this PC modding into a regular thing. I might have some more client builds coming up in the near future.... ;)

Well the cables are sitting already where I want them to. This is the reason why I want them shorter, so that they can arch up from the PSU to their respective connectors. I don't see any other way for them to be in such a small case. Other cables like the front panel and front fans have been routed along the floor or wall and disappear under the motherboard to come out just where they need to be plugged into.

Hehe, thank you milk. I should add something in here about the build log causing heart attacks or chronic sweating! And it is all about the little things and details which make a build stand out.

I am happy you guys are liking this build. Do you have any suggestions that I can do to improve?

MA

Metallic, the only way you could improve this for me is to dip it in gold:)

Update 16

The PSU shroud. I am so proud! I'm floating on the 9th cloud. I hope you're WOWed! (part 2)

Hey!! Thanks for reading once again everyone! I have an awesome update that is the second and final part of the PSU shroud which is backlit with orange LEDs. If you are interested in reading part one of this update, click on this link and have a read.

I do not have so much more to say, so I will just bomb you guys with some photos. Enjoy :)

DSC04218_zps4d8d964b.jpg

DSC04217_zps5c9652af.jpg

DSC04214_zpsc147d9ab.jpg

DSC04213_zpsa8bec338.jpg

DSC04212_zps1ba8af58.jpg

DSC04210-2_zps4e4bb99d.jpg

DSC04229_zps332ecdb2.jpg

DSC04228_zps19871785.jpg

DSC04225_zpsca37415c.jpg

DSC04224_zps08746ea7.jpg

DSC04222_zps92a7ee62.jpg

DSC04219_zps156e8aab.jpg

Things finished since last update:

Installed PSU shroud.

Installed PSU shroud LEDs.

Bought orange plexiglass.

In process of doing:

Painting side of case red with black strips.

Designing plexiglass shroud for laser cutting.

Things left to do:

Paint top of case grey.

Create GPU plexiglass shroud.

Attach the "armour" to the top of the Node 304.

Cable management.

Final photoshoot.

I hope you've enjoyed this update, and hopefully see you at the next one!

Best regards,

MetallicAcid

Gosh, absolutely stunning. Very awesome so far what you did with so little space. Can't wait to see more! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

You're getting there! Will you be adding more leds in the case?

I have a couple of white and one orange left to play around with... But I like the way it is now already, and am thinking that more can ruin the whole look... So I am not sure yet.

Gosh, absolutely stunning. Very awesome so far what you did with so little space. Can't wait to see more! 

Thanks man! More is coming up soon ;)

good stuff, great log!

Thanks adi! I hope you stick around for the future updates!

Looks awesome :D

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv