Linus's Disturbing Trend to Clickbait

Eaglerino
11 hours ago, Alexokan said:

I wouldn't consider that click bait.. 

You wouldn't consider "Razer top secret project" clickbait?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

11 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Area 51, the ACTUAL area 51 in the US was built by razer??? 

Holy moly, you don't say. No wonder Obama won't reveal it, he forgot to wear a tshirt that has a razer logo on it. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

34 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Nope. 

Clickbait is, "I ALMOST DIED" and there is 30 seconds of footage dedicated to paying a video game and almost dying within said video game, while the other 9.5 minutes are vlogging a grocery shopping experience. 

His titles and thumbnails are generally representative of the content you will find in the videos. 

2 minutes ago, Alexokan said:

Nope. 

Clickbait is, "I ALMOST DIED" and there is 30 seconds of footage dedicated to paying a video game and almost dying within said video game, while the other 9.5 minutes are vlogging a grocery shopping experience. 

His titles and thumbnails are generally representative of the content you will find in the videos. 

Yeah you are right, but they are cringey as hell.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I've unsubscribed because of clickbait, lack of research and a general perpetuation of misinformation -- either deliberately or out of ignorance (in not sure which is worse really).

The thumbnails are sometimes a bit cringy but oh well...what can you do.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Who cares. Never understood all the bitching regarding clickbait. Don't like it, just move on. There's enough tech news and sites on the web to go around.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

i agree some of his titles and thumbnails are clickbait... but knowing LMG, its more sarcasm than anything.  That said.. I want clear consise, to the point videos that tell me how good a product is, or whats special about it.  random comparisons that serve no purpose are annoying.

Id like to see more heavily indepth technical episodes.  There is only so many new parts and computers you can review.  Tech quickie is pretty nice, but its just scratching the surface.   I don't want to pin it as "underestimating the audience"  but my bet is that if they went heavy heavy in depth (ie ...say if they did a 3 part mini series on what it takes to do a mouse click, and went step by step from the switch in the mouse to the micro code in the CPU)   my bet is those videos would take off... seems a lot of videos are hovering around 200-300k views these days, with the really popular ones getting 700k plus..   hey.. doing better than me... but i dont make videos for a living.

Honestly, at this point you know what's coming next. Cya 

Image.png

A picture of a robot serving a cheeseburger and fries?

Susanne.Posel-Headline.News_.Official-carls.jr_.dominos.pizza_.burgers.robots.01_occupycorporatism.jpg

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

this is funny because I only clicked this because it said clickbait.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Thread moved to off-topic section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

21 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

*snip*

Merged to the existing thread (just found it! :ph34r:)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Let us not forget that at CES they are literally doing videos on the fly! while rushing booth to booth.  Appointment to appointment meeting fans likely and trying to manage some downtime for their own personal lives.  Sure I wish the videos were longer and the titles less click bait.  However, you can most often get a fairly good concept what the video is about from the thumbnail. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

16 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I think one of the better comments on one of these videos says it best, "If I see another shocked face it'll make me want to kill myself."

2Vb4FGX.png

v4U4s35.png

I mean Linus knows it's happening, he has to pose for the freaking shots. Is he really going to turn into people I actively avoided years ago, Tobuscus and RWJ, because of their stupid looking thumbnails? Does Linus truly have to resort to freaking 10 year old Imgur/Reddit memes?

Now I know, I know, if this is what maximizes views and monetary income then it's the right decision for Linus. It's perfect for them to do. It might even get them actively on YouTube trending's list, although even that seems to be less clickbait videos this last week thank Zaros. It also might be because of his expanded team, maybe someone thought this would be a good idea and much like Diablo 3 it's a bad idea that got through. Still, one missing subscriber won't hurt them even though I'll deeply miss their videos, but these thumbnails are giving me cancer and a few (Revive your old laptop) are just pure clickbait.

VERY TRUE BUT!... at least he doesn't use cliffhanger titles, he is just bringing attention... If someone doesn't read the TITLE that's their problem. :/

This thread is ironic.

7 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

This thread is ironic.

Hilariously, and I didn't even realize that too! xD 

3 hours ago, Kierax said:

Let us not forget that at CES they are literally doing videos on the fly! while rushing booth to booth.  Appointment to appointment meeting fans likely and trying to manage some downtime for their own personal lives.  Sure I wish the videos were longer and the titles less click bait.  However, you can most often get a fairly good concept what the video is about from the thumbnail. 

This started happening before CES. 

3 hours ago, IAmLamp said:

This started happening before CES. 

no not nearly as much... at CES its understandable lest just wait and see

I don't think it was the best idea to start this type of thumbnail right before CES when many videos go up in the span of 4 days. 

Unsubscribed. I am tired of my feed looking like a child's feed. I find it disappointing that Linus would rather push away viewers that have been watching the channel for years and got him to where he is for the new views it isn't like they're on the verge of bankruptcy.

My opinion: it's just their way of making money off CES. Like I remember not long ago each video was getting 20,000 views now it's 400,000.

Still, as clickbait goes this is pretty mild and it's only for the duration of CES.

25 minutes ago, Krytern said:

Unsubscribed. I am tired of my feed looking like a child's feed. I find it disappointing that Linus would rather push away viewers that have been watching the channel for years and got him to where he is for the new views it isn't like they're on the verge of bankruptcy.

your feed looking like a child's feed, how?

like fair enough, he puts out a lot of videos over CES but you know, that's what we've come to expect for years. In fact, I think this year's coverage is the best yet.

38 minutes ago, Mug said:

My opinion: it's just their way of making money off CES. Like I remember not long ago each video was getting 20,000 views now it's 400,000.

Still, as clickbait goes this is pretty mild and it's only for the duration of CES.

your feed looking like a child's feed, how?

like fair enough, he puts out a lot of videos over CES but you know, that's what we've come to expect for years. In fact, I think this year's coverage is the best yet.

By just looking at the thumbnails in my feed. As a very visual person I seriously got tired of seeing thumbnails in my feed that look like they're from a children's science show, or Buzzfeed. I am not sure what makes you think it is only during CES, this happened BEFORE CES, it isn't going anywhere. The fact that LinusTechTips on Twitter said so, before CES, proves this.