Picking A Keyboard for Typing

Hi everyone, I've been in and out of the tech world for some time now, but I'm coming backing into it again. Before I used to game quite frequently, now I rarely play more than 1 hour a week. Now I'm much more focused in work and I have been wanting a mechanical keyboard for some time now. I have been considering a Cherry MX Blue or Brown, but I think I'm leaning over to the Blues. I don't share a room with anyone so the noise won't bother anyone else. I've tested out the Blackwidow and those Kahil Greens are really similar to Blues(at least most people say they are) and the noise of those doesn't both me.

I have been trying to find a keyboard with Blues for some time now, and I just can't seem to find the right one. 

All I need is a backlight, a Number pad, wrist rest and a non-gamery font. That's it, and it's unbelievably hard to find this. Can anyone recommend me a reliable keyboard to use over then next few years?

G710? 

Corsair keyboards are reliable. K70 or 65 is all u need.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

6 minutes ago, SkyTemplar said:

Hi everyone, I've been in and out of the tech world for some time now, but I'm coming backing into it again. Before I used to game quite frequently, now I rarely play more than 1 hour a week. Now I'm much more focused in work and I have been wanting a mechanical keyboard for some time now. I have been considering a Cherry MX Blue or Brown, but I think I'm leaning over to the Blues. I don't share a room with anyone so the noise won't bother anyone else. I've tested out the Blackwidow and those Kahil Greens are really similar to Blues(at least most people say they are) and the noise of those doesn't both me.

I have been trying to find a keyboard with Blues for some time now, and I just can't seem to find the right one. 

All I need is a backlight, a Number pad, wrist rest and a non-gamery font. That's it, and it's unbelievably hard to find this. Can anyone recommend me a reliable keyboard to use over then next few years?

Wait for a bit until the new corsair K70 comes out. The previous k70-- WITH NO PROBLEMS AND A USB PASsTHROUGH! 

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

7 minutes ago, Thony said:

Corsair keyboards are reliable. K70 or 65 is all u need.

@Thony -irrelevant- look at post count xD

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

48 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

G710? 

Looks way too flashy and gamery. The G logo is everwhere.

48 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

What is your budget? What kind of backlight, single color, RGB?

Around 200. I'm very utilitarian in the things I buy, like I won't buy an i7, because all I do is type, browse the web, and message on my computer. If you think about it, RGB is really just hype. People are paying more for aesthetics they won't even look at. (Most people look at the screen/monitor). For me, it's not worth 30-50 extra bucks for the 10 seconds of RGB I see when I walk up to my computer. Just my 2 cents.

And yes single color. White is probably the best. For some reason, I can't stand any other color than white. I always end up turning the lights off(if they aren't white) after 5 minutes or so. 

53 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

If you don't want anything too flashy i quite like the cooler master master key pro L - it's what i'm using right now; Cherry MX Blue, i would suggest - because i noticed this - that once you start typing with around 100WPM you start to notice the higher actuation point, i would look into cherry MX Speeds - that is what i am currently looking for and what you might want for typing in particular.

This looks really good, but there's no wrist rest. After been using a wrist rest with the MK55's I can't use a keyboard without one.

2 minutes ago, SkyTemplar said:

This looks really good, but there's no wrist rest. After been using a wrist rest with the MK55's I can't use a keyboard without one.

You may need to buy a third party wrist rest. It seems like most of the mechanical keyboards with wrist rests have the more 'gamer' aesthetic that you seem to be wanting to avoid. These don't come with wrist rests, but the WASD Code pretty much hits every other thing you're looking for (and it has a bunch of other switch type options) I have one with Clears and I love it. There's also Ducky who make solid keyboards from what I hear, and they have wrist rests sold on their web store as well.

Alright, I'm probably going to get the WASD Code Blue and a Ducky Wrist Rest. I like the aesthetics of keycaps on the Code slightly more over the ones on the Master Key Pro L. 

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/code-keyboard/code-104-key-mechanical-keyboard-1801.html

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1130