Computer won't turn on anymore

I just finished putting my build together and was in the process of updating windows after I installed of fresh copy of it when all of a sudden it shuts off on me. I tried turning it on again and it turned on for about 3 seconds before shutting down again. Now it won't try to start anymore. Any help or suggestions please ?

Do you have a mobo speaker to hear if it is throwing any codes? Try just one stick of ram. Also make sure all connections are firmly pressed in. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

5 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

Do you have a mobo speaker to hear if it is throwing any codes? Try just one stick of ram. Also make sure all connections are firmly pressed in. 

Ok I tried both of your suggestions and still nothing. No codes or nothing is being said. Like I said everything is correctly connected and there's even a light on my motherboard showing that it is receiving power. It's just that it won't turn on when I press the power button.

Can you get in the BIOS and check if it still reads the hard drives, RAM and CPU?

Or doesn't that even work?

Could be that your install got corrupted by the update. Remove the disk and turn on the system to see if you can get into bios.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, MrHomes said:

Can you get in the BIOS and check if it still reads the hard drives, RAM and CPU?

Or doesn't that even work?

No I can't. Like I said it was on and it read all my gear properly. It's just that all of a sudden it turned off and now it won't even try to start.

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

Could be that your install got corrupted by the update. Remove the disk and turn on the system to see if you can get into bios.

I did it through a USB drive

6 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Even if it were corrupted, the BIOS has to at least blink at the beginning. Which is weird. Mainboard failure? Do you see any lights on the mainboard?

or another question, this happened to a friend: Did you forget thermal compound between the CPU and the cooler? :D

1 minute ago, MrHomes said:

Even if it were corrupted, the BIOS has to at least blink at the beginning. Which is weird. Mainboard failure? Do you see any lights on the mainboard?

or another question, this happened to a friend: Did you forget thermal compound between the CPU and the cooler? :D

No I did put thermal paste lol. And there is a small green light on my motherboard so it is receiving power I think.

4 minutes ago, Skybound said:

And there is a small green light on my motherboard so it is receiving power I think.

What you could try is to default the BIOS manually ther should be a jumper somewhere, you'll have to look it up in the manual. Then start booting with a single RAM. You should then at least get into the BIOS if the install was corrupt.

AND remove everything else! Even without a hard drive you should get into BIOS

if you have one, plug a speaker in, so you hear the motherboards error sounds

Any updates?

On 8. Januar 2017 at 8:07 PM, Skybound said:

OK thanks again I'll keep you posted!

On 1/13/2017 at 4:10 AM, MrHomes said:

Any updates?

Yes actually. It turns out that the motherboard and CPU had some bent pins. I ended up returning both and now I'm up and running as I should be.

7 hours ago, Skybound said:

Yes actually. It turns out that the motherboard and CPU had some bent pins. I ended up returning both and now I'm up and running as I should be.

Allright that sounds good! Thanks for the update and have fun :)