Nokia releases its first Android phone

GoodBytes

And this is where the excitement ends. The phone is nothing more than your average Android phone in the sea of Android devices that brings nothing interesting, beside a nice looking device for its price point.

No it doesn't have any fancy camera, nor dual level camera button that Lumia phone's where renown for (and a must have features for those who likes to take a lot of pictures), nor anything special.

Powered by a Snapdragon 430 processor, X6 LTE modem chip, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, 16MP rear camera with no detail on lens speed, sensor size, or anything, and 8MP front facing camera.The phone will be available later this month, in China, no info on other regions. The price will be equivalent to $250 US.

Oh I forgot, the phone does feature Dolby Atmos support, which you can enjoy with its.... 2 side speakers (even thaugh it actually needs more, and the placement is so poor that one of your hand will block either speaker )... and... lack any ability to play Blu-Ray movies which features Dolby Atmos... oh... I guess you need to find movie files encoded with it...

The phone is actually not made by Nokia. It is HMD Global, a Finnish company, who is renting the name "Nokia".

The Verge says,

HMD Global, a Finnish company that was founded to develop phones under the Nokia brand name, noted in a press release that the phone will only be available in China through retailed JD.com, and that it will be available “in early 2017.” However, the release did note that the Nokia 6 was the first step for the company, and that there would be more to come this year.

It include the same colored chalk explosion from Surface Studio ad (I am actually not kidding. Exact same one... same colors, same style explosion.. same clip)

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/8/14204524/nokia-6-android-smartphone-china

Edited by Spotty
removed vid.me link