Nokia 6, Nokia's first Android smartphone, made official

Nowak
4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

They were smartphones. Do I need to get a mod to change the title or are you going to?

Since the source article says it's the first Nokia Android smart phone it is perfectly acceptable for the thread title to also say so. If this is incorrect discuss in the thread.

The Nokia X line of products was discontinued very quickly and was only available in select markets/countries, essentially meaning it was never a truly available product in the first place. The total lifespan of the Nokia X/X2 range was only 7 months, which as stated in select emerging markets, making it irrelevant. Only reason to bring it up is to be technically correct, but what was the point? 

The Nokia X was a mid-tier smartphone announced as part of the Nokia X family in February 2014, running on the Nokia X platform. The device shipped on the same day as the unveiling, with Nokia targeting the product for emerging markets. It is currently sold and maintained by Microsoft Mobile. On 17 July 2014, Microsoft announced that it would discontinue the line

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_X

The Nokia X2 is an entry-level smartphone which was announced and released by Microsoft Mobile on 24 June 2014. It is the successor of the Nokia X, being the first smartphone running version 2.0 of the Android-based Nokia X platform operating system. The Nokia X family of Android phones was discontinued on July 17, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_X2_(2014)

... sigh... 

It's quite obvious they are targeting this phone at people who know nothing about technology. With a spec sheet like this, they can put on their promotional material: OCTA-CORE CPU, 4 GB OF RAM, 64 GB OF STORAGE. 

A phone with a Snapdragon 652, 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage but with a mSD slot at the same price would have made more sense. 

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I was asking for clarity because some people may have forgotten that Nokia rebelled and made an Android phone despite their agreement with Microsoft.

I bet if I use the same tone and speak out to defend apple like the way you defend microsoft, at least 100 people at this forum will stand out and laughing their asses off. And call me a fanboy. And said apple is "anti-consumer". And told me apple is greedy. And of course, tim cook is shit. And anyone who use apple's product is isheep or retard. Off topic rant, but... still. 

Edit: I think other people do not really appreciate your tone. That's all. Not that they don't agree with your point of view. 

Edited by mrchow19910319

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

nice, good to see Nokia back, and this time without the filth that is windows phone/mobile. That camera better use Carl Zeiss optics, it's not a Nokia phone without Carl Zeiss.

Curious to see their implementation of Android, will it be near stock or a variation of the Nokia Z launcher?

And finally although this phone may not be that interesting to begin with and as generic as a modern phone can be, i hope they go balls to the wall Nokia style with their high end.

Haven't been this existed since the day i used to own a Nokia 7710, 9300, N93 and my all time favourite E7.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Well it's ok personally I would be more interested to see a  flagship but I guess it's better for them to release this kind of oriented phone for now.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Well it's ok personally I would be more interested to see a  flagship but I guess it's better for them to release this kind of oriented phone for now.

A flagship-tier phone should be announced later this year. This is just a cheap device meant to help secure Nokia's re-entry to the phone market.

Another Android phone with deja vu specs.

This is why the smartphone market is such a dry subject

And when I say deja vu, I'm sure I've seen 11 phones with those exact specifications

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I might buy this, it seems like a nice phone for 250$, but I will most likely go for a higher end model (if they make one).

I really do have a soft spot for Nokia.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

I might buy this, it seems like a nice phone for 250$, but I will most likely go for a higher end model (if they make one).

I really do have a soft spot for Nokia.

They will be making higher-end phones.

Just now, Daring said:

They will be making higher-end phones.

neat, if they make a 400$ phone with really good specs for the price, then I am buying it.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

neat, if they make a 400$ phone with really good specs for the price, then I am buying it.

I've heard rumors that they'll be launching a $400 phone with the Snapdragon 652's successor SoC? Not exactly flagship-tier but it'll still get the job done.

Just now, Daring said:

I've heard rumors that they'll be launching a $400 phone with the Snapdragon 652's successor SoC? Not exactly flagship-tier but it'll still get the job done.

oh, no thanks. I generally only go for phones with CPUs in the snapdragon 800 series. Oh well

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

oh, no thanks. I generally only go for phones with CPUs in the snapdragon 800 series. Oh well

Well, we'll see as the year progresses. This is just a cheap phone meant to secure Nokia's re-entry into the smartphone market without costing too much in R&D.

Finally a Nokia SmartPhone. Ever since the Microsoft thingy, Nokia has only released DumbPhones.

44 minutes ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

Another Android phone with deja vu specs.

This is why the smartphone market is such a dry subject

And when I say deja vu, I'm sure I've seen 11 phones with those exact specifications

When there are literally hundreds of cell phone models available, it's not hard to believe some of them will have the same spec is it? There are only so many SoC, RAM and memory configurations.

As for your theory, there are 0 phones with the exact same spec.

31 minutes ago, Daring said:

Eh, I'd much rather have an SD625 than the 652.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Eh, I'd much rather have an SD625 than the 652.

The successor to the SD652 -w-

8 minutes ago, Daring said:

The successor to the SD652 -w-

But a completely different SoC with virtually nothing in common with the 652.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I'm confused, why go for 4gb of ram and then opt for an entry level soc?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I'm confused, why go for 4gb of ram and then opt for an entry level soc?

They had to cut corners to meet the price point somewhere.

Just now, Daring said:

They had to cut corners to meet the price point somewhere.

Then it's the wrong thing to cut on, a better soc would definitely have made a bigger difference than 4gb of ram over 3 or even 2.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Then it's the wrong thing to cut on, a better soc would definitely have made a bigger difference than 4gb of ram over 3 or even 2.

Yeah, true. But then there's also the fact that Android is shit at RAM management.

There's also the obvious "reduce the amount of aluminum used, instead use plastic/poly-carbonate" route but then it'd be just like many other budget phones.

If they make a new 1520 or 1020 (something with a nice battery and better than average camera i am sold. escpecially if it is more light sensitive than most)